“Nice for a break”

Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #56 of 202 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Description: We have a large undercover deck which overlooks Byron Bay and the ocean, taking in Julian Rocks. The deck is open on the sides and ends and is subject to the weather.
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This little cafe is nice to have a small break after the walks in the conservation area.
The staff was nice. Coffee needs some improving, but the Byron Bay pie was delicious.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

A couple of months ago I had a rather disappointing experience at a new café in BALLINA NSW. Fro some reason Trip Advisor has it listed as another completely different establishment in Byron Bay???? Don't know why??? I have tried to edit it but am unable to do so.
Please disregard the review titled "Is the view worth the experience?" It is about the NEW café in the NEW surf club in Ballina.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My favourite thing to do us a good view and a coffee! A great treat to sit and watch while the world goes by in the distance and each wave rolls all the way into shore.

Prices are ok and food is nice and casual. Not the best if the weather isn't the best as most of the sitting is outside.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

A little slow to get there, we finally visited the Lighthouse Beach Café a week or so ago. It is terrific to be able to enjoy the sea views from the southern side of the headland once more. ( I used to attend aerobics classes there years ago)
Our experience was disappointing. The café is extremely noisy, the kitchen is open to the dining area (ugly) and adds to the cacophony, ( bad design) and is understaffed.
We booked a balcony table in advance for breakfast. Of course as Ballina locals we know the view very well, but the eastern sun is very warm and some awnings made of "see through" shade material would be a welcome addition.
My meal was a major disappointment. I ordered the Canadian pancakes, an orange juice and a coffee. My pancakes were burnt, the bacon soggy and the coffee bitter. The orange juice was fine. My husband enjoyed his food. But as I knew many other diners in the café that morning I asked them if their pancakes were nice.....NO. they too were burnt.
The staff tried hard to serve us all efficiently, but there were not enough staff to meet the demands of a full café.
I really think that a meal at the Belle Café just over the headland near Shelly Beach is a better option. Delicious food and coffee and a walk along the beach to enjoy the view after eating and antidote to a full and satisfied stomach.

1  Thank reefaddictBallina
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Something for everyone. I love the cappuccinos. The view is unbeatable, and the staff are super friendly. There is nothing to dislike.