“Oh what a night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frankie Brown - CLOSED

Frankie Brown
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Contemporary, Pub, Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Modern Australian cuisine, with a tweak of Mediterranean, made from fresh, locally sourced produce in the heart of Byron Bay. Enjoy the sea-breeze and a selection of food, signature cocktails and live music in our restaurant or from our contemporary wooden terrace
“Oh what a night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner at Frankie brown last Saturday night went the heaviest storm I have seen in years hit putting half of Byron in a black out. The staff were so professional and looked after us unbelievably we'll in the circumstances, the food was excellent and even tho there was no power for the musicians they walked around serenading the tables and making us all feel special. The staff and owners made what could of been a disaster into one very memorable night. I can't wait to go back.

2 Thank Kava73

Narrabri, Australia
“Great Food with jazz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to this restaurant Sunday night and was very impressed with the service and food and was pleasantly surprised to see they had a live jazz band entertaining us. My first meal that came out was the calamari and it was the best I have ever had, second meal was the zucchini fritters and they were so nice I will be back for more before I go home, love this place.

Sydney
“Good food but expensive & slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a good evening at Frankie Brown, however it took nearly an hour to get our starters. The waiter was apologetic, but we could see others having issues and the restaurant wasn't even half full. Food was good, tasty and well presented. Unfortunately I do not feel that the service offered matched the prices.

SallycanCook, Owner at Frankie Brown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello Miss Dizzy Blonde (love the name)

I do apologize for the slow dinner service that night. I was the head chef in the kitchen on that particular evening and my sous chef had a mishap with her knife which required immediate stitches at the local hospital.

I was left solo to attend to the deep fryer, the pans, the grill and also the dessert section during the busiest time of service. It was a bit tricky cooking all on my own but I did manage to get through the stressful evening without too much duress. I do know that the meals were a little bit slower than usual, so once again A BIG SORRY !

We would love to have you return again if you are visiting Byron in the near future.

I will shout you a glass of French Champagne.

Your sincerely,

Sally Cook
Head Chef and Owner
“Good but room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a mixed experience at Frankie Browns
Made a booking for 8pm on a Monday night, had a pleasant meal though not fantastic, at 9.10pm we asked for dessert menu but where told that the chefs had finished for the night and we could not order dessert.
We thought that was outrageous and had never experienced such a thing elsewhere. It may have been a quiet night but 9.10 is not late and at the very least we should have been advised that the kitchen was about to close and offered dessert, one of our party even mentioned to the waiter at the start that she was looking forward to the chocolate dessert.
Having said all that our waiter, a nice American guy was very apologetic and quite embarrassed about it.
Please consider this issue so that others can avoid it
Otherwise, the music was good and the restaurant has potential

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“The new hot restaurant in Byron! You can't beat it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I saw this new restaurant just opened up recently, so i tried it out and i'm so glad i did and im so glad it came to Byron! Frankie Brown has to sell one of the most amazing top quality foods in byron bay. Especially the eyefillet. I even got to see pete murray perform live!
The first time i went to Frankie brown i fell inlove with it so much i had to back and ended going 4 days in one week. I had to go through the whole menu seeing as everything sounded so devine. The japanese oysters are one of my favourites and the macadamia nut crusted fish.
The wait staff are so friendly unlike other people i have had to deal with in other restaurants in byron in the past. There is live music most of the time and i really feel so comfterble at Frankie Brown. Will definatly be going back. Its a must try for everyone. You'll get hooked and fall inlove!