“Very nice place”

Byron Central Apartments
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed in a queen loft (standard) for 3 nights and it was very good. The pictures (or the virtual tour) on their website show exactly how the apartment is. The bedroom upstairs is spacious, and although the kitchen is not that big, it has everything needed to cook your meals. The lounge could have a different configuration in order to maximize use of space, but it's nice anyway, and the apartment is clean. The only thing that can be a problem is noise, because the acoustics of the building is not very good - you cannot hear what goes on inside the apartments, only outside, but if you happen to have loud neighbors or children running around, then well...that's why they have rules to try to keep things quiet, and I believe it works, because we had some loud neighbors but had no problem to sleep at all.
It's centrally located, close to everything, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

We'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed (Mum, Dad and 8 mnth old daughter) at Byron Central Apartments for 5 nights in a standard queen apartment (number 9). Check in was fine and our room was ready for us on arrival. The living area was small, but liveable and the kitchen was small but serviceable just. It could have done with a little updating and the sofa was pretty uncomfortable to sit on. Not sure how it acted as a sofa bed. Bedroom was upstairs on a mezzanine level. We had requested a cot and high chair and both were provided immediately. The location was excellent - a couple of mins walk to the beach and similar the main shopping and eating areas. There is an underground car park which was large and easy to park.
Oliver on reception was very helpful and full of information. He even helped me to jump start my car after I managed to run down the battery.
If possible I think the deluxe room would have been better, but our accomodation more that suited our needs.
We can also recommend Byron Babe Watch - a baby sitting service, that we used, It was the first time we have left our daughter with a none family member but the sitter provided (Natalie) was great and we needed have worried at all.
All in all a top spot, great value, pretty comfortable and very convenient for everything.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Very well positioned in Byron Bay. We booked on the net for 3 nights for $118 a night. However the room was deeply depressing. At one time this must have been the disabled room. It had no decorations, it felt like a hospital room or a prison cell. It was sizable however but there was no table to use the internet we had paid for. It had the loudest refrigerator which we had to switch off during the night. However there was a loud humming coming from a different room which kept my wife up all night. The beds were on castors and my bed slid around all night which made for strange dreams!
In the morning my wife out to complain and cancel - the very nice manager refunded all our money including the night we had spent there. A good gesture but it didn't get our sleep back

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil R
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Definately BOOK Deluxe Loft Apartment ( unit 8 or unit 13), very modern. Lovely for couples or small families. Lounge kitchen dining and bathroom down stairs and bedroom upstairs. Queen bed upstairs and double sofa bed in lounge. HUGE plasma TV. Modern kitchen with granite benchtop and fullsize fridge. Modern bathroom with a cool pebble floored shower.
Once you arrive you park your car and then just walk. Everything is within walking distance. Beaches approx 200m, shops and restaurants everywhere. Woolworths supermarket about 10minute walk. Easy to pick up groceries and bring back to the apartment. We are a family with 2 young children and we really enjoyed our stay. Looking forward to our next trip to Byron in June - we have already booked again at these apartments.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I love these apartments. It's so close to everything including the shops, resturants and more importantly, the beach. My morning walks along the beach would lead me to this quaint cafe at the end where I would have my breakfast. BCA gave me the opportunity to rest and relax this summer vacation, as well as enjoy the nightlife of Byron Bay without having to get into my car.
The staff were awesome. They were always on hand if I needed any directions or recommendations for resturants. And everytime I walked past the office, they always had a smile and a "hello/goodmorning".
I travel a lot, but this is one of my favourite places to stay in Bryon Bay. I didn't want to leave. i would totally recommend it.
I can't wait to return next year.
L. Armstrong-USA

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2011

My husband and i stayed here for 2 nights.The apartments are in a great loaction- central to everything. We booked a queen loft room. We found the apartment to be a good size, very clean and the kitchen was well equipped for self catering. Underground parking is availble and is free. Staff are friendly and helpful and we would definately stay here again

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the apartments over Christmas 2010 - we paid the high rate because we wanted somewhere really special as our first Christmas away from home, and sadly we were very disappointed.
The apartment itself was well presented and pretty clean (except for the floor) but the issue was with the facilities and service. We had no power on one side of the kitchen, the TV worked only very intermittently, the hot water ran out after one shower, the telephone wouldn't accept incoming calls and the wifi wasn't working as the apartments had "already exceeded their download limit", which is not an excuse I would accept from a cheap hostel at a tenth of the price.
We were unable to raise these issues as Reception was only staffed for about 3 hours the whole time we were there.
All in all this was not good value for money and I wish we had booked into the YHA down the road and saved ourselves $400.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple