“Best Frozen Yoghurt in Australia!”
Review of Yoflo

Yoflo
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Born in Byron Bay, YoFlo was Byron's first self-serve frozen yoghurt + fruit bar. Our low fat yoghurts are made fresh in store daily and all contain live and active cultures and probiotics. All the yoghurts are gluten free and gelatin free. Our toppings bar is packed with fresh fruit, nuts, Brookfarm muesli and much more. With 6 different rotating flavours of frozen yoghurt, come in and find your favourite! Can't get to Byron? No worries (if you live in Brisbane!) You now can escape to a mini holiday with our second store up and running in the Gasworks Plaza, Newstead. Have a great day!
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Frozen Yoghurt in Australia!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've had my fair share of frozen yoghurts, and this is by far the best I've ever had! I use 3 tests to distinguish good yoghurt from the gross copy-cats.

My first test when evaluating frozen yoghurt is "How good is the natural flavour"? You can usually tell the bad yoghurts becausethey are loaded with sugar, don't have real yoghurt, and are too icy. Yoflo passed this test with flying colours! You can taste the real yoghurt at Yoflo and it's SUPER creamy, while not being too sweet!

My next test is based on the yoghurt flavour options - "Is there much variety?" The answer here is: YES! Where else in the world can you find flavours like: Banana + Ginger&Cardamom, Blood Orange + Hibiscus, Pomegranate, Macadamia, Mango Coconut swirl?! These flavours are so original and are delicious!

Lastly, I need to test the toppings options. And again, Yoflo nailed it. 80% of their toppings are healthy and fresh from that day (strawberries, passionfruit, kiwis, pineapple, melon, etc). And I love that they source most of their toppings locally, whether it's the Byron Bay macadamias, blueberries from the Byron Bay farmers market, or the Brookfarm muesli.

I've spent a lot of time searching for the best frozen yoghurt, and I'm happy to say I've finally found it!

• Visited June 2014

“Yum!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Love the flavour options. Natural tasting, not too sweet. Definately a lighter option to ice cream.

I think the price is quite reasonable if you compare it to ice-cream. I had a $6 yogurt and that was plenty for me.....

Visited March 2014
Byron Bay, Australia
“Delicious, but expensive!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The yoghurt is really nice however they only provide HUGE cups to (successfully) tempt you to full them right up which ends up very expensive.
I would go back, but will need to only get a tiny bit if i want it to be under $5

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Really does taste like yogurt”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tasted quite a few fro yo and this one is by far the most natural tasting frozen yogurt. Has the tang that yogurt is meant to have not the over sweat or watery tastes you get in some stores.
The shop was very clean, plenty of toppings to choose from including fresh kiwi, strawberry and banana. Also had some hot topping options such as hot fudge, a caramelised banana ( or something similar ?) and a couple of others that I'm not sure of. Managed to have a chat to the owner and it turns out they are really passionate about their product! No added sugar in the yogurt and they get their yogurt culture from a nearby supplier. Well done to them.

• Visited August 2013