“awful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Byron, New York
“awful”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

we were 8 people on our table and all ordered our food at the same time. 2 people got there food about 10 seconds, yes thats right, 10 seconds after they ordered it (probably was meant for someone else) .. we ordered ours immediately after they did and ours came 2 at a time, i.e. the "well done" steak arrived before the "medium rare" and the fish was RAW in the middle. One guy didn't even get his steak until after everyone else had finished theirs. The food was pretty ordinary. The guy behind the bar said they don't claim to be a fine dining restaurant so I'm wondering why they serve meals there ? Atmosphere good.. trendy place to be seen but we will not be eating there - the food was awful. (this was the evening meal not lunch or breakfast).

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank biker771

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lennox Head, Australia
“Great for Coffee & Breakfast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has become an iconic Byron Bay attraction in such a small amount of time, its always really busy but the service is always quick and friendly.
They are pretty much open all day for coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. We've been here throughout different times of the day and I must say its a winner in the Coffee & Breakfast department, it serves up delicious, fresh produce for a good price ( you must try the pastries) and make incredible coffee as well as cold pressed juices.
If there is one small let down I think it was their dinner, it tasted great but for $24+ for a main, I felt it was served up too casually (I had a moussaka, which was delicious but I wouldn't normally pay that price for such an easy dish, pre-made dish) I also felt it maybe wasn't the right environment to have such pricey, dining options when there was lots of people there just having casual nibbles & drinks at the same time. Anyways, definitely worth a visit for coffee and breakfast, or a late afternoon drink with antipasto platter.

• Visited March 2013
Ballina, Australia
“Nice cocktail-disgusting service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great drinks, but a shame that we were yelled at by one of the bar staff when they misheard my order. Made for an unpleasant first and last visit.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank LanM65
Byron Bay, Australia
“great cafe on the edge of town”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

You can beat the traffic and parking blues at the latest addition to Byron's dazzling panoply of cafes. It is on the South side opposite the nursery and next to the Blues Fest office.
Specialises in quality coffee - and it is very good - loud music and friendly staff.
I can't vouch for the food yet but it is a real happening scene (but that phrase shows my age) There's outdoor seating under tall palms and a wood fire inside for winter.

• Visited January 2013