“Heart ͵ body & Soul Healing”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
“Heart ͵ body & Soul Healing”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was fortunate to see Carla for an intuitive massage. for months i had suffered with pain in my solar plexus...which was remedied after just over an hour with Carla. I highly recommend any person suffering with ailments to experience beautiful alternative healing with Carla. My pain has not returned.

Visited January 2014
CarlaI662, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
It is always so wonderful to hear when clients have been relieved from pain and that it has not returned. Thank you for taking the time to write a review to let others know that it is possible to get relief. My intuitive Signature Healing Massage comes from 19 years of experience and study in helping clients be free from pain. Thank you for letting me know too, I appreciate your gracious review.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A perfect start to a short break away”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A massage as relaxing as the view was stunning from Carla's Byron Bay Women's Retreat. With no specific prompts from me, Carla managed to find the tender spots that needed work. My shoulders, neck and head felt incredible after her ministrations. While experiencing a deep sense of relaxation during my massage, I left feeling energized. I couldn't think of a more perfect start to a short break away - those 60 minutes accomplished what usually takes a few days as you unwind into a holiday. Definitely an experience to be repeated on my next visit to Byron Bay!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for writing such a positive review for your massage treatment. It's such a good idea to receive a massage at the beginning of your getaway, because as you experienced a massage relieves the tension and stress quickly so that you can relax into your holiday effortlessly. I remember the head massage did the trick, relieving those last bits of stress and it was great to hear you felt energised afterwards. I hope to see you next time you visit Byron Bay.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best 90 mins at Byron bay”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Without a doubt Carla is magical. She seems to know exactly were your pain is and works her magic with her hands. My daughter booked the massage for me and I had no idea what I was expecting. All that my daughter said was to keep an open mind. Well I have to say that my daughter and I treat ourselves to massages at least once a month but nothing like this one. She was seriously the best massage I have ever had. Unfortunately for me my stay at byron was too short otherwise I would have definitely had another one before I left. I will look forward to my next visit to Byron Bay unless Carla can be convinced to move to Sydney.
Somehow I don't think my chances of that ever happening but one can only live in hope.
Thank you Carla.
Josette
Balmoral Mosman NSW

Visited January 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your massage experience. I am so grateful to hear you loved your massage and I am so sorry I declined your offer to move to Sydney. People invite me to places all over the world to massage them, but Byron Bay is my favorite place on Earth and not such a bad place to visit for a massage. So, I look forward to seeing you again, next time you are looking for that special massage - now you know where to go :-)
Canberra, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Not your ordinary massage”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had a heart body soul reading with Carla - which is a massage plus much more where Carla 'tunes in' to your body and gives you a lot of personal information to absorb, reflect on and do with what you may. I booked this based on tripadvisor reviews and am glad i did.

If you really just want the massage part then perhaps this isnt for you and either get just a massage or go elsewhere. However if you are more interested in the holistic nature of this treatment then give it a go. It will be like nothing you have experienced.

We were both in tears (am I really that messed up!!??) and Carla was very quick to pick up on my words and what my body was telling her and has given me a lot to think about and reflect on.

Thanks Carla
x

Visited December 2013
CarlaI662, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your heart body soul reading and massage and describing your experience in such a wonderful way. Tears are not uncommon in this session and are of course welcomed with an open heart, as they show 'energy is moving' which is exactly what we want. So thank you for being open and willing and I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Byron Bay and hearing about your progress.
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome Massage from Carla”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was in Byron with friends and family and read reviews about Carla's wonderful massages. I had 2 girlfriends with me and we expected to head out to the Spa Retreat, Carla advised they were booked but could come to us.

I had the last massage, and was amazed at the level of involvement and positive energy that Carla still had as I was the last. Her massage was so intuitive and relaxing. I often have a sore lower back and knee pain picking up my twins, but after my massage I felt like I was realigned and suddenly rediscovered my neck. Carla as a person is remarkable, and I felt very comfortable. Emotionally I felt settled and relaxed especially to the lead up of Christmas and New Year. Next time I'm in Byron I'll be booking in a massage. Thank you Carla for my beautiful massage. Mos

Visited December 2013
Thank you Mos for your review. It was so wonderful to meet you and your friends and to see what a beautiful heartfelt connection you all shared. Massaging you all was such a gift. I hope you had a great stay in Byron Bay and I look forward to seeing you next time you visit.