“New treehouse magic!”

The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Looks like we got lucky with our stay, as wee stayed in the brand spanking new treehouse, kookaburra I think it's called. Our wifi didnt work, but put this down to the place being new and actually enjoyed not being able to connect to the outside world! Lovely walk to the beach, not sure about the path shown on the provided map? Didn't seem accessible. Staff very friendly, ensuring that we didn't lose our money due to not being able to stay because of the extreme weather conditions we had trying to get to Byron. This was much appreciated, but I'm not sure why they have a no refund policy with online booking companies. Seems like a lot of money to lose when you don't get the service? Anyways, much appreciate staff changing the booking to the following weekend. It was truly a magic stay, the new treehouse is amazing, such gorgeous fit out, like staying ina true tree top oasis! Thanks!

1  Thank SallySpider

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed 5 days - pool is nice but most photos they advertised are NOT of the apartments they are the tree top houses. Apartments have smelly dirty carpets, chipped old tiles in bathroom, kitchen run down and very average. just smelly all round.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fop1976
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our stay didn't start well when an email I sent before our stay was never responded to and seemingly ignored!

We stayed in a two bedroom unit. It was set up really well with a great layout. Our kids were able to get up early and go into the living room and watch tv without waking us up. We found the sound proofing quite good. The beds were comfortable and the cooling adequate. It was fine for us but the days were warm but not boiling hot. I am not sure how the bedrooms would go with only fans in the real heat!

The pool and tennis courts were great, and you can have a BBQ right beside the pool. The spa was warm but the jets were not working (and hadn't been for a couple of days I was told). As the reception was closed for a public holiday (!!!) we couldn't tell them about it.

While we thought the layout of the units were good we were very disappointed with the state of the bathrooms. For around $300 a night I would not expect a bathroom with a constantly dripping tap that could not be turned off (and could not be reported as reception was closed), nor would I expect water damaged vanities or chipped and cracked tiles and other tiles that were simply coming off the walls. I was also concerned about the mould in the grout and the water that leaked under the shower half way across the ensuite floor. This is all before I mention the dated bathroom style which looks to be out of the 80s. I am told that not all units are like this and that some have been renovated but this made me more disappointed as we were paying the same for substandard accommodation.

I also think when you pay so much for an extra roll away bed that it should be made up ready.

This property has so much potential but I will not be returning to this property before all units are renovated or there is varied room prices based on the whether the rooms are fully renovated or not.

Room Tip: Only go if you are guaranteed a renovated room. Don't bother requesting one by email though bec...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TheTrommies
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This resort has been given good reviews on Tripadvisor so we booked it for a family break. We were a group of 9 in 2 apartments. At first glance our apartment seemed OK until we went into the bedrooms, the carpets were filthy. We have 3 young children, one of them spilt water in the bedroom which made their carpet and room stink. The cleanliness of the other apartment was even worse. On a positive note, the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Crustybit
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at the Oasis Resort for the first time last week and found the location to be perfect. The only thing between you and the beach is the national park. We stayed in one of the Tree houses which are really lovely but perhaps a tiny little bit dated. Alright it could probably do with a little refurbishing but the location amongst the trees and looking out over Tallow beach across the National Park cannot be bettered. It's so peaceful....I loved the feeling that we were in amongst nature but in five minutes could be right in the thick of it in Byron Town. The staff are lovely ... Nothing is too much for them. I will definitely return. The only thing that I would complain about was the problems I had with the wifi it kept dropping out which drove me nuts ... But really in the end it forced me to unplug and enjoy the break...

1  Thank kristil
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed in apt 24, just like another traveler who commented on Trip Advisor and I agree with them that it was in need of some TLC. Sounds like we got the dud apt of the property. Friendly staff though who made our stay a good one. A bit unusual about the limited supply of toilet paper; I guess that's why they call these 'self-catered' apartments in the fine print. I'd expect a 'resort' would indeed have that amenity, along with a daily housekeeping service. So it's not really a resort in the strict sense. Families will enjoy it here, especially kids who can shout and play by the pool. For a bit of relaxation for adult travelers, steer clear and head for the beach, or book a different hotel. Oh, one more thing: the aircon was only in the lounge so it go. A bit too hot in the bedrooms at night (even with the ceiling fan going).

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank wanganum
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed for 7 days in a 2 bedroom apartment unit (24) which was generally clean, however it looked tired and worn. Beds were comfortable. We were dissapointed when told that toilet paper was not supplied after the initial 2 x rolls per bathroom - and had to buy our own. The location was also a substantial distance from the main township/ shops. The pool area was also mainly used by families and young children which contributed to a less than relaxing experience.

1  Thank Melbournepsych