“Does not deserve the bad reviews!”
Review of Beach Hotel

Beach Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I are currently staying at the Beach Hotel. We are having a grand time. We are in one of the loft suites, which faces the beach and overlooks the pool. Whilst the hotel is showing its age and could do with a refresh, it still represents good value in our opinion. The reception staff are very helpful and the housekeeping staff are very friendly and efficient. The hotel pool and spa are fantastic and the proximity to all things byron is unreal. Great to have a park in the hotel,which is included in the cost. When I called to ask about the noise issue, I was given an honest assessment. For the record, it is not an issue! So if you are looking to stay in a comfortable and spacious hotel suite that is in the best location in Byron Bay, stay at the Beach a Hotel!

Room Tip: Room 21 or 22 have great views of the beach and the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vgreencan

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is classically Australian - expensive for no good reason! I paid over $360 for what is essentially a cheap motel room, next to a noisy bar run by rude staff and steroid riddled security guards. This place kind of embodies everything that has changed, and is now wrong with, Byron Bay.

I have stayed in worse places for sure, and a couple of the ladies that staff the hotel were actually very nice. But everything else about the place isn't worth what they charge. My advice is to stay somewhere else unless you're desperate. Especially if you want to get to sleep before 1am.

They should gut the place and start over, because the location deserves to be something special.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel, or get a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TrySmiling
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Beach hotel a couple of times when I had left booking till the last minute and not much else was on offer.
The rooms are extremely clean . The location is unbeatable.
It is in my opinion ridiculously overpriced, it is quite basic and very dated. If staying request a room as far from the pub side as possible for noise reasons.

Room Tip: As far from the pub side as possible
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked last minute and were charged a fortune for the "pleasure" of staying in the Beach Hotel. When we arrived we were greeted at the main desk and given our room key. The room was ok, nothing great, the bathroom was awful as the shower flooded the floor at every opportunity and the general sense of the place was that it had not been touched since the 80's.

The whole selling point of this establishment is the location, and I will be honest that was great. It is literally just off the beach and a stones throw from everything. Unfortunately the hotel seems to bank on this and have spent absolutely nothing on the hotel as a result.

I do not know why this place is called a hotel, it felt more like a b&b. There was also no breakfast included in the price so i guess just a bed!

And now for the worst part of the stay....the noise. The hotel has a very very loud and late bar attached to it and they have loud music playing until the very early hours of the morning every night. The walls are paper thin in the hotel so my husband and I bought some ear plugs immediately. Also the rooms are all connected (a door locked or not depending on what you book) and due to this the walls again are paper thin. We had the misfortune of being beside a family of 6 (four children under 6) who woke at 5.30am every morning and screamed and screamed for hours.

All in all, if you want relaxation, dont go here. If you want sleep, dont go here. If you want value for money, dont go here.

When we handed in our keys at reception, the woman in charge didnt even ask us if we had a nice stay or not. She has obviously learned not to ask that question as she knows the answer. She thanked us for our keys and wished us a nice day.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ker_schnum
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overpriced considering you cannot sleep at night. Noisy location beside nightclub. Typical of Byron Bay, suggest if holidaying keep driving to Tweed - more choice and better value and facilities!

Motel had standard facilities on offer.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Bondknight007
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My partner and I have stayed at this property twice over the last month and we cannot get enough of the place, we are already planning out next overnight stay.

On the first occasion we stayed in a loft room. What a wonderful way to relax, looking out of our room over the pool towards the ocean. We didn't want to leave the room, the view was all we needed!! We found the hotel to be very quirky and extremely clean (kudos to house keeping). The upkeep of the rooms is incredible considering it's an older property, they were also good size for a couple or even a small family.

The Hotel is also very central we didn't use out car once, it was a hop, skip and a jump to everything. And for an added bonus the pub is just next door - best beers in town!
The staff were always courteous and polite from the beginning till the end and they were very knowledgeable with regards to Byron and the surrounding area's and the best spots to visit.

I have recommended this property to family and friends and cannot wait to get back to Byron for another weekend escape!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Beach Hotel Byron Bay - and loved it! To be honest with you I didn't know they had a resort and was pleasantly surprised when I found out they actually have 25 rooms on offer.

We stayed in their loft apartments - which overlook their lagoon style pool and out to beach/ Julian Rocks.

Their rooms are obviously built in the 90's which is great because they are SO much bigger than the modern small boxed apartments these days. The KING sized beds were very very comfortable and the linen was of a high quality and didn't feel like hospital sheets like some other places.

A cool laneway is directly behind with great little restaurants and cafes too however we chose to have drinks at the Beach Hotel and listen to some good ol' live music!

Over all I was very satisfied, so much that I booked it for my birthday with a group of friends and very much looking forward to going again!

Room Tip: If you are a family I'd go with the loft style apartment main bedroom upstairs and kids beds dow...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple