Cape Byron YHA
Byron Beachcomber Resort(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$120
Beach Suites(Byron Bay)
$305
$267
Hotels.com
Hibiscus Motel(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$113
$109
Byron Sunseeker Motel Byron Bay(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
Agoda.com
Atlantic Byron Bay(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
Bay Motel(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$103
$97
  • Beachfront
$370
$326
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa(Suffolk Park)(Great Value!)
$250
$213
Agoda.com
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay(Skinners Shoot)(Great Value!)
$106
$93
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree walking tourlighthouse tourthe kitchenfree wifibody boardsdolphins and turtlespizza nightbed female dormhostel offersdifferent activitiesgreat atmosphereplace to staylight housegreyhound busnice poolcommon roombig balcony
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'd called the night before, looking to book a dorm bed. Nothing but friendliness on the phone came back.

I showed up to check in the next morning, and a smiling Todd got me set up within minutes, and gave me directions to the surf breaks, all within walking distance. He's great on local resources for surfers, and knows where to send you are according to your experience level. I was able to leave my surfboard in my room with no worries.

If you "Like" them on Facebook, you can have free Internet access (via wifi or hostel computers).

The place is crisp, clean, spacious, and well looked after. Nice big pool, too!

Just a good vibe overall, peaceful but not uptight, and it's ideally located -- close to everything, but well out of earshot of the late-night bawdiness. Don't worry about not getting a good night's sleep here.

A real treat after I'd stayed four nights elsewhere, at a place where common courtesy didn't appear to be in the cards as far as keeping noise down went.

Great place. Good people working here (Dana behind the counter is great, too). Go ahead, book your bed, and don't worry any further.

Thanks, guys.

Room Tip: Just show up. Or book ahead. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here for a night and the room was very comfortable considering I had just come off a 12 hour bus from Sydney. It has everything that you need except lockers in rooms. The people I was sharing with where great so you felt you could leave stuff in the room without any worries, but possibly something for the future maybe? It is ideally located as well being one street away from the Main Street of Byron Bay and it is less than 5 minutes walk from the beach. I would recommend anybody to stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here (in a 5 bed share dorm) midweek for a short break. Compares well facility wise and cleanliness, quietness and locality to any hostel nationally or internationally. Does need lockers in room as the peace of mind this brings for someone who has had things go missing in other hostlels is somewhat important. Also, smoking directly outside rooms is not so enjoyable for a non-smoker. Cooking and bathroom facilities were clean and reasonably appointed and the idea of a $5 (refundable) charge for crockery appeals to me as it makes guests accountable to clean and care for their own dishes. Overall, excellently positioned in a central yet relatively quiet side street with all Byron Bay has to offer within walking distance. No problem recommending this hostel to backpackers or other budget travellers.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I only spent 2 nights in Cape Byron YHA but it was nice. The hostel is located within 3 minutes walking from the beach, 3 minutes from the start of the road leading to Cape Byron lighthouse and only 5 minutes walking from the main bus/coach stop (which is very convenient for backpackers traveling more or less light :)). The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the staff very friendly. The only 2 things I could regret is that there is no locker in the rooms and no easy web access (wifi only accessible near the reception desk). I spent a nice stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We only stayed for two nights over three days but we had a great experience. The staff were all friendly and made us feel very much at home, giving us a lot of helpful hints and suggestions. We were able to get a 4-person dorm for just the two of us because it was not the high season. I just loved the homeyness of the place, and wish we could have stayed longer. ATM located in lounge area, close to town and beaches, wi-fi, pool (we didn't use it, too cold). Would definitely stay here again, even though I think there are cheaper places in town. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple