“Excellent Place to Stay. Best in Byron”
Review of Cavvanbah

Cavvanbah
Bellmere
“Excellent Place to Stay. Best in Byron”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Cavvanbah is easily the nicest accomodation I have seen at Byron. It location is prime. Not even 1 minute from the back gate to the beach. Tarek was an incredible manager, and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. I left a few items behind after the stay, and he was kind enough to send them to my address at no extra charge. A++++ service. Rooms were really nice and well appointed with extras which made it even better. Easy walk into town, no need to use the car. Lovely outside balcony area with outside bath built into the garden.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I just had a 3 night stay in the Gypsy at Cavvanbah. We loved our studio unit at the back of the property, very private and peaceful. Lovely to be able to lie in bed listening to the ocean. The outdoor Balinese bath was beautiful and I enjoyed a bath with a glass of wine in a peaceful environment The room is very well appointed and beautifully decorated.
I agree with a review I just read, I think half a roll of toilet paper is very poor form, as there are no immediate amenities for replenishment. Also design fault with the shower door means it won't open with a bath mat there, a potential dangerous situation.
Location is great, a short stroll into town, or walk into town along the beach.

Room Tip: Gypsy room at the back of propert it's private as no one walks past your room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen150161
1Cavvanbah, Manager at Cavvanbah, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I am glad to hear our guest enjoyed their stay. The outdoor Bali bath is truly spectacular and it appears our guest made the most of it.

The issue with the toilet paper is unacceptable and I apologies for this. All guests are provided with 3 rolls of toilet paper for their stay. This was an oversight by the cleaner and the issue has been addressed. This was a mistake and I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Shower doors open in both directions. There is no fault or issue with the bath mats. Unfortunately the guest was unaware of this. The ensuites are designed from the highest quality products. The shower is enclosed with frameless glass and the door pivots on a high quality brass hinge in both directions.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Such a beautiful location. Accommodation was tidy & comfortable. Location was awesome, less then 5 mins walk into town, or walk out the back, over the railway lines straight onto Belongil Beach. Very quiet and relaxing. The pool was gorgeous, and having so many sun beds to lay out on to get some Vit D was lovely.
The only down side we had was there was 3 of us. 3 ladies. And only one role of toilet paper provided. We were only advised that we had to bring our own when we'd run out. Whilst the owner/manager did come around, it was only after I told him it had inconvenienced us first thing in the morning, especially as we weren't advised of it at any point of our booking. We also had to provide our own bin liners. For the price we paid I felt toilet paper was something we could expect to be provided.
The extra roll-away bed was very comfortable, but due to its location under the main bed, we had to rearrange the whole room to get it out.
The shower door only opened out. Which meant that the bath mat was totally out of reach when finishing in the shower. A simple design error, but something that stuck out to us.
There was also no hand towels provided.
Over all, a gorgeous venue, and I would recommend it, especially couples wanting a relaxing romantic getaway. And the issues we had could just be teething issues for the owners/managers to work on.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with an allocated car park if you are driving. There are only 3 provide...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BubblyEm83
1Cavvanbah, Owner at Cavvanbah, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
We apologies for the issue with toilet paper. This was an oversight by the cleaner and the issue has been addressed. I note this has affected some guests and I have made the effort to put right the situation as best as I can as quickly as possible where I have been made aware. All guests are provided with 3 rolls of toilet paper for their stay.

I trust that the Trip Advisor community would see this as a mistake and I am confident it will not inconvenience our guests again.

Further, I have consulted with the cleaners and I am assured that bin liners where provided for the guests. This is fundamental and I am not sure what went wrong. It is correct for our guests to expect bin liners.

However, I am grateful for the feedback as we will pay closer attention to these elements in the future.

With regards to the shower doors, I have checked them personally and am at a loss as to the issue.

The showers are enclosed with a high quality frameless glass door that pivots on high quality brass hinges in both directions i.e. opens in and out. The ensuites are designed using the highest quality products.

I suspect that this guest preferred to open the door outwards and did not know they had both options.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Cavvanbah was the perfect getaway for a weekend away. I took my boyfriend away for his birthday and Cavvanbah in Byron Bay was the perfect accommodation for the occasion. It was private and peaceful. The outdoor bath was the first I had seen at any place I've ever stayed at. It added the perfect touch to our romantic weekend away.

It is a 5 min drive from the town centre which is optimal. It isn't close enough to town to be able to hear all the noise and bustle of byron but is close enough to get into town to enjoy the restaurants and nightlife.

I would definitely recommend Cavvanbah to anyone wanting to fantastic accommodation in Byron that is worth every penny spent!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Rio Room which was just lovely.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosella W
Byron Bay
Reviewed July 10, 2012

During a recent relationship breakdown I'm so pleased I chose to stay at Cavvanbah. Feeling somewhat fragmented on arrival it took me days if not 24hours to rest, rejuvenate and regain my sense of self.
The location is suburb - a short stroll accross the old Byron Bay train tracks, through a bush track to the beach and a 5minute walk into the heart of Byron! The rooms are stylish, comfortable and functional.
Waking up listening to the local whip birds chirping in the trees. Running a hot, outdoor bath looking up at the stars with a glass of wine. Falling asleep to the sound of rolling waves just beyond - are just some of what you will experience when you stay. I can't wait to come back and stay again in summer.

Room Tip: Rio has a magical outlook!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nicola S
Mullumbimby
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My partner and I arrived at Cavvanbah to be very pleasantly surprised by the secluded and private nature of the accommodation and the feeling of peace and serenity of the place.

Attention to detail was very high and the atmosphere in general a very relaxing one. The sound of water and the nighttime ambient lighting was beautiful.

Appointments in the unique styled bungalows were spot on and there was nothing more we could have asked for. The quality of the furniture and fittings were fantastic - in fact we wished that we had it at our own home! it's not often we stay somewhere where the bed is actually better than our own, but in this case it was.

As far as proximity to the surrounding activities etc, well it is only a very short stroll to the beach, so close that we could hear it night. A wonderful lullaby.

The only problem we have in recommending Cavvanbah to other people, is the fact that it might mean it will be booked out when we want to return!

Thanks for a wonderfully romantic stay. We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: They're all great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple