“Excellent food”

Great Northern Hotel
Ranked #136 of 190 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Great pizza. 2 for 1 Tuesday. Gourmet toppings, high quality ingredients. Huge size. Friendly service. Recommended

London, United Kingdom
“Bad staff, they don’t like the English!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Myself and my mate went to The Great Northern a few ago, we was just starting the night out, it was only about 20:00. When we went to go into the pub, we was asked how much had we had to drink by the bouncer. Quite shocked by this, we thought about it and said three schooners (which isn’t even three pints) and was let in. We ordered another schooner each and sat down. We started talking to a couple of Australian girls and the next thing I know the bouncer come over and said “I think you have had enough, can you leave after that drink”. I couldn’t believe it and challenged him why, he said he could see that I had had enough and I was drunk. The girls couldn’t believe it and the people around me couldn’t believe it either. I was shocked and highly embarrassed. I pointed out a guy, who was clearly drunk as he was all over the place but the bouncer wouldn’t have any of it and wanted us to leave. I couldn’t believe the attitude of the bouncer towards English people. If you are English stay away, as they do not like you in this pub!!!!!!! We went over the road to the Railway after and had a great night with live music anyway!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank James L
Melbourne, Australia
“Lunch is wanting & waiting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ordered 2 coffees and some lunch. After 30 minutes my wife went to find out what was happening with the coffee. i noted the place was not very busy and actually quiet. after 40 minutes i went in and asked for our money back which was casually agreed to. Can't believe people in business are like this!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Hyperbowl
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Rude Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Unpleasant waitress, wouldn't let a group of women in there mid 20s eat in the designated dining room because one didn't have ID, although none wanted any alcohol.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ashleeeeeeee
Byron Bay, Australia
“bad security”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

the great northern has bad security what likes to punch on. food is crap . with a good music venue. drinks are exspensive

• Visited May 2013