“Awesome stay!”

and 1 more site!
Backpackers Holiday Village
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Really good hostel, had an awesome week here together with my friend. Recommended by another friend and werent dissapointed. Just across Cheeky, fun nights and during the day a little bit of surfing (with the free board use) and laying on the beach.
Going back here for christmas as well!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the ''appartment ones'', because the dorms (4 people) were full...

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wasn't planning on writing a review, but after reading about my fellow countrymans experience I thought I'd write my thoughts nonetheless...

Wasn't planning on going to Byron, and when we got there all beds in the whole town were taken (apparently it gets crowded in the week ends...) including the ones at the Holiday village. I think they felt sorry for us, because they let us have the TV room for only half the price, which was excellent. The next day, we got a room and it was all good.

They've got pretty much everything you need. Internet is included, surfbords for loan etc. Saw a washer, but didn't use it. Basketball court, volleyball, pool, kitchen all there.Also a nightguard in place making sure there's no noise, but there was some coming from the streets (was a saturday though...) Other than that, good vibes and good times.

Let the hoogy doogy song commence...;)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Me and my buddy arrived in late October on a recommendation from a few buddies that stayed at the hostel. We were not disappointed. Marc and his staff are such kind and friendly people we felt like it was home as soon as we arrived. The rooms were well kept and the kitchen and bathroom's were great. A 2 minute walk to a grocery store is very convenient as well for the days that you just want to pick up a few things. Can't wait to get back to Byron for a longer stay!

Room Tip: Our room location was great and farther away from the "action" where people were drinking...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hired an ensuite double room for 4 nights from Thursday to Monday.
Was informed that the rate was 100 dollar pr night, and when we arrived it had went up to 110 dollar.

Asked them if it was noisy at night, and we were informed that it closed down at 10:30 and every one was asked to go out or be quit - this didnt happen.

When complaining to one of the staff about it, asking them if they could ask people to be a bit quiet, I was just informed that this is Byron Bay and I just have to expect it and, the staff was paid so poorly so they couldnt look after all 200 hundred that stayed there. Very strange way to respond to my request.

However, the rooms are clean and it is a good location.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

A clean hostel with a good kitchen, showers and all around staff that monitoring the parties close to enable the other guests to have a good sleep. In Addition you can use the Internet for free. They also pick and bring you to the Bus Station. I've wonderful memories of my stay at this Hostel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quiter. Back from swimming pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here as a couple in October. We were only suppose to stay for 3 nights but ended up staying 12! We stayed in a self contained apartment at the back of the property. It had its own kitchen and private bathroom. It had a really nice chilled out atmosphere with friendly staff. We would recommend this place for people looking for budget accommodation in a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the village for two months back in May and June of this year. Even after I moved into a house, I was still at the hostel almost every day visiting friends and hanging out by the pool/spa. The staff are amazingly friendly, everything is clean and accessible, including surfboards, boogie boards, bikes etc. Located a 5 minute walk away from anything in Byron Bay, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, even the beach! I would recommend this great family run hostel to anyone throughout my travels! Thanks Marc and Katie and family! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo