“Tasty and fresh food”

Top Shop
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tasty and fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

There are so many places you can eat in Byron and this is a place that we went to more than once - that probably says a lot.
We've had both lunch and breakfast here and it was delicious every time!
I love the bacon & egg roll - it's a pretty basic dish but the high quality of the ingredients makes it simply amazing.
The granola is really great too - even though (as has been pointed out in another review) you have to eat some of the fruit before mixing the granola and yogurt is possible.

The fresh juices are a blast aswell as is the chicken panini. If I had to chose one dish from Top Shop and wouldn't be allowed to ever order anything else again, I'd probably go for the chicken panini.

All in all it's a great place to eat with really nice people doing a really good job. Even though its location is a little off the beaten track it's well worth a visit!

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Great place to meet up for a coffee or lunch with friends. Highly recommended to anyone looking to get off the main road and meet some of the locals

Sydney, Australia
“No, don't do it...maybe a takeaway coffee that is all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Such a disappointment. You order at the counter. ok. Then you go and take a seat. They call your name from the counter when your order is ready. We sat down. Despite surrounding noise (and we were'nt the furtherest table from the counter) I heard my name. Walked up, got my coffee. Went back to table, sat down. 30secs later, my name was called again. Another coffee. We had ordered 3 coffees and 4 breakfasts (all arrived sloppily in take-away boxes) and 4 smoothies/juices. There was a lot of getting up and down from our table. The food was average to poor. My smoothie was not almond based as ordered. I got up and was told I got what I ordered. I assured her this was not almond, it was dairy, she could taste it. I was then brought another and it was aggressively plonked onto our table. Then my daughter's watermelon/mint juice had no mint. I was too scared to face the wrath of the staff and told her to just drink it. It was $8. Some other ladies were sitting at the same table. I heard their name being called out several times, the 'caller' obviously got frustrated and just left the food there. I let the ladies know that the next part of their ordered food was ready for them to get up and retrieve. Expensive. Poor, disrespectful service. Mediocre food.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank snow_leopard_trees
Melbourne, Australia
“Delish - but the awemesomeness level depends on what you order”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Let me start by saying we love this place and will be back during our trip. We've visited 2 days in a row so far.

On our first visit, partner had a chicken burger for lunch and I had a blueberry muffin. Both were great. He also ordered a berry smoothie though and (totally our own fault - because it's listed on the board) didn't realise that rather than being a smoothie, it's actually berries and ice cream. Deeeelish - but with a side of guilt! :)

On our next trip we had breakfast, partner: granola and fruit, me: omelette roll. Mine was a hangover meal and given that I wasn't hungover it felt pretty heavy and fatty. I mean, delish, but heavy. I reckon the mayo could have been swapped for fresh tomato. But had I been hungover, I'm sure I would have loved it.

Partner had the granola but it's full right up to the top so you have to eat half the fruit first before there's room to mix the granola, yoghurt and fruit together. A bit frustrating but a good breakfast option.

He reported that the coffee was the best he's had in Byron so far (beating Roadhouse and Dip).

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Patisserie...... Not coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Being fortunate enough to frequent some of Australia's best coffee shops, this place fell short of the mark for decent coffee. However, the fresh patisseries are tasty.

• Visited February 2014