“Superb coffee and service ”
Review of Top Shop

Top Shop
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Byron Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Top shop has a great selection of food and great coffee. We are coffee snobs from Melbourne and found their house blend to be excellent and well served by their baristas. The atmosphere is not pretentious but rather the staff have a humble, friendly nature which made visitors like us feel like locals. I appreciated their attention to spelling and pronouncing my uncommon name correctly. We ended up going back for our morning coffee/brunch there everyday we were in Byron. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Top Shop

Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a great coffee shop. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Situated on Massinger street in the suburbs, no view but everything else makes up for it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I fell in love with Top Shop this week. Sensational coffee, delicious, fresh, healthy food, gorgeous friendly staff. What's not to love. We went here three times in four days we loved it so much!! I had the granola, smoothie, coffee and muffins, all were delicious as were the other various dishes my friends had. Absolutely amazing.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went during a recent holiday upon recommendations of friends. Seriously the best hamburger ever! My husband is a burger connoisseur and tries them everywhere we go, and this was by far the best. Hubby had the beef burger, I had the American and our little one had the kids burger - all three were fantastic.

Seems this is super trendy for both locals and visitors. Staff a friendly and it has a great atmosphere as people buzz in and out. Coffee was good.

We loved it so much we decided to walk back to the top shop a few days later for another try and everything was equally as good so it's very consistent. The only thing is the toilet they offer is pretty average, not all that clean and smelt aweful. Not that this is a deal breaker, but on the first day put me off a little when I had to take our little one to the loo. Will still return over and over for the burgers but will make sure we all go to the loo before we go!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This cafe could be somewhere on the Northern Beaches, it has the same feel to it (surf art on the walls, hip, beachy feel). Coffee is smooth but doesn't pack a punch, so for coffee addicts, get an extra shot. There isn't all that much seating and not enough shade when it's sunny. It's not a place to come and linger, have brekkie and read the paper, as it's got the feel of a take away store. You get everything in take away cups and on paper plates which isn't my idea of a cafe, however environmental friendly recyclable the cups are. They are producing a ton of rubbish and I don't really like drinking and eating out of take out containers (unless I am really taking it away). Service is pretty good, even though they do this usual in-group/out-group locals versus tourists thing which is kind of ironic because I used to live Byron and none of the 'locals' there went to school or uni with us or were even around 10-20 years ago. So if we get treated like outsiders visiting family in Byron, not sure what that makes the bunch of people working and hanging out there.
The Top Shop used to actually be a milk bar/newsagent where we used to hang out after school or a surf down the beach. Now it's a trendy groovy place for the Byron in crowd.
Croissants are cheaper in town, coffee is way better at Nat's Corner and if you want to actually sit down and eat off a plate, use proper cutlery and get your coffee in a cup, read the paper in peace, go to Succulent in town.
If you are between 20-30, trendy and want to play on your iphone/tablet while looking cool sitting on the grass at a street corner to hang out with the locals and feel part of the scene, then may be this is your place.