“Nice flavours”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice flavours”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We had the king prawn salad which had delish flavours and the chicken laab, which was nice but lacking a little sauce. We weren't offered any rice which we are used to at thai restaurants but the meals were pretty big so it was pretty filling without it. The dishes were shaped like massive fish which was a cute touch. The decor looked quite nice and funky but we were squeezed near the door which couldnt be helped as it was the only two seater left. lt was a Friday night and we could hear noisy teens at the burger shop next door as we were right at the entrance. We could tell the place was popular as there were lots of people constantly coming in and getting takeaway. It wasn't a bad experience overall as we were just after some food but if you want a romantic dinner where you can comfortably chat, book in advance and sit away from the door. Also the service was a little slow but the waiter was apologetic for that. Overall a good meal but could work on things to become excellent. Our tummies were happy :)

• Visited August 2013

Woy Woy, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had dinner there on a Sunday night and the food was excellent. Not many patrons that night and so we probably got special service. The staff were friendly & helpful. The food was hot, fresh & delicious.
Two courses and mains for just over $40. Great value.
Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food with high price tag”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Cute and ambient restaurant with delicious and mild Thai food. The price is quite pricey though. Had ordered Tom Yum soup due to my nasty cold. Paid $10 for a bowlful of soup. Would recommend to my rich friends who dont like spicy food.

Byron Bay, Australia
“A Sensational Mouth Watering Snapper Delight!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would rate this meal as one of the top ten meals of my life! We got the whole snapper with veggies, sweet potato chips and the MOST incredible exotic falavoured sauce you have ever experienced! We also got a spicy chicken salad with loads of chilli and lime that was (as my partner described it) 'an absolute taste explosion in your mouth'! Lovely jasmine tea to go with it all, fantastic warm friendly service, great prices. I will definitely be going back and am keen to work my way through their menu! Thank you for reminding me how incredible a meal can be! xx

New York City, New York
“Always good food, service and experience at the right price.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a local . We always eat at Thai at Byron for a Thai meal . We had the duck and the always delectable Pad Thai. Seriously don't waste your time and money elsewhere. I do NOT know the owner although I have met him as he advises us on the specials and the brilliant sauces. This is reliable affordable great Thai food. Peter lived in Thailand for many years and he and his terrific chef just do it right. In the middle of town we always leave with a good vibe. Seriously we have tried the rest .This is the place.When you are on holidays and you only have one or two nights ,you want to be sure.You even get to see the passing parade of interesting Byron people walking past the restaurant. After many meals ,there it is always good.