“Delicious - Still Dreaming of the Duck Currie”
Review of Traditional Thai

Traditional Thai
Ranked #100 of 210 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We arrived on Friday evening with 12 people hoping to try our luck after the taxi driver recommended the restaurant. They were wonderful and got all of us in. Great cocktail menu. The food menu looked a little sparse but everything on it was amazing. We had the scallops and chicken satay for entree. The red curry duck with lychees and coconut rice for main. I am still dreaming about that currie and I live so far away. Would be lovely as a couple of family also.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect, but was looking for a simple quick meal. It wasn't a particularly busy night, being a Sunday night. Staff were efficient and friendly upon my arrival and throughout. I was given a free canapé of papaya and pineapple which was sweet and delicious. I ordered a rice paper roll with chicken which was yummy I had to get another! Which was a rookie mistake because I had ordered a fried rice with chicken which was way bigger than anticipated. But luckily they were kind enough to allow me to take away the rest! Can't fault this lovely Thai restaurant , ticks all the boxes. Also heard the duck curry is brilliant.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Upon first impression we found the menu a little stark & forced us to step outside the comfort of our usual thai faves, however it would soon become apparent that each dish on the menu is expertly selected, not simply churned out. We tried 4 dishes between us; To start the duck spring rolls with a tasty dipping sauce- yum! The plum pork hock had a perfect amount of chilli heat to really make the plum flavour burst. The optional chilli lime dipping sauce and coriander adding another layer of heat and twist in the flavour discovery. The basil chilli chicken was lovely and the chicken fried rice even had surprisingly fresh flavour blasts of lemon grass. As a pregnant woman not a single aroma or flavour was missed and the mocktails to accompany were equally as charming and quite reasonably priced. The waitress was young and endearing & the chefs considerate-offering a complimentary starter for the 'delay' though we hadn't noticed such and thought this to be proactive. A highly enjoyable food journey 10/10

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Although I live in the area, I hadn't been to this restaurant until a friend recently recommended it to me.

I have to say that we were very pleasantly surprised as our experience exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent, cooked with flair. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The prices, for the quality of the food, are very reasonable.

And they sensibly allow diners to BYO wine, which is not a common practice in Byron Bay.

I highly recommend this restaurant to locals & visitors alike.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We went to this restaurant with a group of 5 people. The initial service of drinks and taking our order was very slow considering the restaurant wasn't all that busy. But we all enjoyed our food and it didn't take very long to be served once the order was taken. Would recommend to others and hope to return one day.