“Decent coffee - fabulous muffins.”

Mary Ryans Book Music and Coffee
Ranked #5 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I tend to pop in here for a muffin and coffee when I'm in Byron. It's open early with inside and outside seating. The coffee is good, the muffins amazing! There's also a breakfast and lunch menu but haven't tried either but seems priced well. The bookshop adjoining is well stocked and its an ABC stockist/shop too.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Absolutely loved this bookstore! The atmosphere and the sheer variety of literature available blew me away! I purchased a book here that I have since been unable to source anywhere else in Brisbane, and this for me has to be one of the highlights of my trip to Byron Bay. Next time I will be sure to indulge in one of the wonderful pastries I saw in the adjoining coffee area. Can't wait!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

What could be better than combining coffee and books?
Great atmosphere, great location, great service, great coffee!
I unfortunately only went for coffee so I haven't tried any of the food, but i bought a book afterwards and I was very happy with the price and service even when it was so busy.
I really enjoyed the experience because of the welcoming staff, atmosphere and design.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This cafe serves fresh tasty food for breakfast and lunch and the coffee is good too. Dining is available inside and out and the book store is excellent. Highly recommended

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We met friends here for a leisurely coffee. It was our second choice yet turned out to be a great one. The Raspberry & white choc muffins were delectable. Nice coffee, good understated background music allows you to chat and we were all readers and students so we liked the bookish atmosphere. There is a limited breakfast menu and It is self service.