“Fabulous meal, great service”
Review of The Petit Snail

The Petit Snail
Ranked #5 of 214 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional French Cuisine. All-French staff. Affordable French and Australian wine list. Fully licensed.A la carte and set menus options . Gift vouchers available.Vegetarian and gluten-free friendly. We hereby certify that ALL testimonies are genuine. Extensive range of French wines and belgian beers. Dinner experience & lunch available !
Reviewed October 10, 2013

To celebrate a milestone with a group of people, diverse in age and tastes is a challenge. We felt confident that our needs would be met when we phoned to book. The booking experience was excellent, tight weekend due to the Writers Festival. We needed to pay a deposit which we didn't mind as it must be frustrating to anticipate a full restaurant, turn people away and have those who have made reservations not arrive. Our group of 8 were totally satisfied with all aspects of our French meal. Fresh, delicate flavours presented with flair. The restaurant was packed, they deserve the reviews they have received. The owners know how to cook and how to provide excellent service.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place was absolutely divine. The service is extraordinary and they made us feel so welcome and celebrating the birthday! The food is delicious and the best steak tartare we ever had , prepared just of you!. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that is looking for a nice lovely place and fantastic service and on the top of that, the best meal!!!! Thanks a lot guys, we had an amazing amazing time, Johann:)

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Dinner here last night was a last minute decision as the restaurant we had planned to eat at turned out to be café serving burgers and chips, not the dining experience this bunch of fabulous Byron Bay local ladies had had in mind for our Friday night out. I was thrilled when we managed to get a table due to a cancellation, as every other time I had attempted to dine here it had always been fully booked and I had been left with reservation envy.

The service was vivacious and welcoming and set us up for a great dining experience. My fellow dining companions were very pleased with the very gorgeous young male waiter who certainly left a very pleasant taste in our mouths (even if we were drooling).

Three of us had the steaks which certainly didn't disappoint!! The were tasty and melt in your mouth delicious! Loved the Blue cheese sauce... My other companion has the goats cheese entrée which she was very pleased with and was big enough to satisfy a small eater as a main.

If we had room for desert we certainly would have ordered it as they looked absolutely divine on the menu.

Next time my parents come to town I am taking them here pronto! But now I will know to make a reservation months ahead if I have too as its worth the forward planning. I am not sure if this delicious spot of France in Byron Bay is very well suited to vegetarians.... But there or so many restaurants around here that do vegetarian so well, that I am happy to eat here and enjoy the meat feast.

I saw another diner with the duck as I was leaving and think this will be a top choice for my next visit.

In short, eat here you will love it!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Petit Snail is my favourite restaurant in Byron Bay! I have been many times and everytime I fall in love with it again! The food is so amazing! I cannot not have the creme brulee, et j'adore la soupe a l'oignon!!! The amazing menu is topped only by the fantastic service! The staff are so friendly! They have made many a special occasion all the more special! Thank you so much, you are all so wonderful! Igor et Chauby, merci beaucoup pour tout! Gros bisous!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food and service was stellar! It is a must for any lover of French cuisine. The atmosphere is amazing, you almost feel that you are no lingering Byron and have been transported to Europe ! Such a nice little escape. The steak tartare is out of this world! Highly recommended that everyone should try this dish at least once!