“An enjoyable dining experience”
Review of The Petit Snail

The Petit Snail
Ranked #13 of 205 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional French Cuisine. All-French staff. Affordable French and Australian wine list. Fully licensed.A la carte and menus options . Gift vouchers available.Vegetarian and gluten-free friendly. We hereby certify that ALL testimonies are genuine, unlike some of our competitors, who need to improve their rating, we have not bought testimonies from any dubious websites.. Extensive range of French wines and belgian beers.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

For our wedding anniversary we decided to finally try this legitimate French restaurant. The chef and the professional greeter are the married owners (from France).

The service and food is fabulous! Great choices and attention to detail.

Being 7 months pregnant I was a little more selective and the staff totally took that in their stride.

I would totally recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Lucky me..just enjoyed my third dinner at this wonderful little place. As a large and rowdy group of highly excitable middle aged ladies we were charmed by Igor. Second visit was with a conservative friend who melted once the first mouthful was experienced. Most recently with my husband for a more intimate meal even though the wonderful garlic snails can be a passion killer if not shared. On each occasion we have left the wine selection to the house with delicious results. It's nice to be able to try French wines by the glass, should you fancy. The menu is not huge which is understandable when you appreciate the size of the kitchen. Every plate is presented with care and generosity...and the flavours! If only every restaurant was run along the warm and consistently good model of Petit Snail. Oh.. and that creme brulee. It is served in a gratin dish allowing for a large perfectly executed butterscotch tasting brittle top over a silken custard peppered with vanilla bean. Big enough for two but really I recommend strongly against being talked in to sharing.

1  Thank Tracy A
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I own a local insurance broking business in Byron Bay and frequent many local establishments with clients and staff very regularly and I have just tripped over this little gem. Igor and his lovely wife and staff have a wonderful little restaurant with magnificent food and drinks all with a French flavor and styling to them without losing the substantiveness of a good australia meal. As Igor said last night "I want my customers to walk away enjoying their food and be satisfied with the amount that they were served". I was given an expansive list of cheeses at the end of the night and my colleges enjoyed a very special brandy to finish the night off. Igor and his wife spoke to us as if we were friends they were cooking for not customers and his staff are consummate professionals at their job.

Thank you for a lovely night, you have impressed my business partners and staff enormously.

2  Thank trimat
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff and owners were friendly and humourous. The decor in the restaurant made you feel like you were in a warm loving environment. The food was delicious and in good portions. Our only problem with the food was the crepes suzette flambeed with grand marnier at the table had a little too much alcohol infused with the crepes. It was a bit overwhelming. However the other desserts were delicious!
All in all a great place to enjoy the experience of food.
Make sure to book some delicious food in advance, as some takes a few days of preparation!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great service overall. A little patronising - steak menu described what could be cooked meduim and what would not be. So I ordered the one that could be then had the waitress question the choice!
But apart from that - very freindly, and really good food. Outdoor area was ok.
Owner worked her socks of and made up for the waitresses raised eyebrow at medium steak!
Menu slightly limited but still a lovely little place.

1  Thank Gary B