“Good party in Byron Bay”
Review of Cheeky Monkey's

Cheeky Monkey's
Ranked #156 of 210 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: If you’re travelling though Byron Bay, Cheeky Monkey’s Restaurant & Bar is probably going to be a highlight of your time here – it’s just the way it is. Cheeky’s is a place you can let your hair down, meet some friends and GET CHEEKY!
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was in Byron Bay for a week, this is one of the main places to party. I ended up here 3 nights. Never ate, just partied. The staff are horrible, but the DJ was great. There's a $10 cover that normally I would not pay for a backpacker bar, but it's good fun if you're with the right crowd

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I went to grass nimbin today, they I have been told tgat if I tell reception "Grass Hopper" I will get a free small size dinner. Then I ordered Thai Curry. Rice bowl size but consider it is free meal, so pretty good value. Plus taste quite well.

Becsuse it was not enough, so I ordered their $5 special meal: beef wrap with chip and salad. This is a proper size, and for me it was a way too much, so I couldnt even finish it. a bit tpo salty for the beef wrap, but general speaking, staff was very friendly and goid value for the meal, also just opposite to my hostel, so I would like to recommend to all the backpackers.

If you decide to upgrade your free meal to a proper meal, u csn order anything from menu with $5 off plus a glass of beer.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

OK spot when you're looking for a relaxed drink amongst the young & groovy international visitor & backpacker crowd.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a great night in here dancing on tables. The music was good, the food was lovely, and the drinks weren't too expensive. Bouncers are very on the ball here for getting rid of people who are too drunk- makes it better for everyone else.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went last Saturday, in our group there was 5 of us. We had all buy $10 to get into the venue (which for a bar that pretends itself as a backpacker bar is quite high) even though we had been given 'free entry' these were not valid after 10pm. We found a spot not far from the bar with a small table & had a few drinks & were enjoying each other's company. I received a tap on my shoulder by a security man who informed me that I was intoxicated & I needed to vacat the bar immediately. I was not in any form intoxicated & found this rather ironic to many drunk people dancing on the tables on the dance floor. When I asked 'what gives the impression I'm intoxicated' I was told I needed to shut up, leave and was told I was 'simple' for questioning them for a reason. I was then pushed out onto the street, my friend who rightly wanted to talk with security behind why I been manhandled & thrown out of the venue was then too thrown out immediately for again questioning their reasons - they had already called for police back-up who came on the scene & was just as bemused as friend & I on this bizarre incident. I talked with the policeman & he said to go onto another bar & enjoy my night (if I was intoxicated I do not believe this advise would have been given). I felt shaken-up & victimised after the event, what is shocking is upon reading other reviews this seems to occur often at this venue. This place is not a backpacker vibe at all. The security team need serious reviewing & upon reading other reviews it seems they target groups to make them leave so that other groups queuing outside can get let in & pay cover charge. I have lived in Australia for over a year & this is the worse venue him how it is run I have come across. Byron Bay is a great & mostly friendly town - your $$ & enjoyment are better spent in another venue. Avoid this bar

4  Thank Cub_Pop