“Disgraceful service, With poor food to follow!”
Review of Thai Lucy

Thai Lucy
Ranked #26 of 200 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: THAI LUCY - SPICY AND SAUCY!! Delicious authentic Thai cuisine made with love by our expert Thai chefs. All our entrees, sauces, curries and main meals are made fresh from scratch daily using traditional thai methods, recipes and flavours. Gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options available. BYO and Take-Away.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Could not believe how rude the owner and the staff were! I am a Byron bay local and was craving pad Thai, walking past Thai Lucy a few times I was eager to try- little did I know how rude and incompetent the staff were, and as for my pad Thai, wish I would have just gone to noodle box!! My partner and I were forced to clean our own table before we even say down, it then took then staff about 15 mins to bring out cutlery, a menu, and wine glasses for our BYO- I then had to return my wine glass because it had a MASSIVE crack down the side! Still eager to have my pad Thai I waited a further 20 mins to order my food, only to have my pad Thai and my partners duck come out 10 min apart! I will never recommend this place to anyone! Over priced, small meals and disgraceful service

MARK R, Owner at Thai Lucy, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Yuppie208
How unfortunate for you that you found our food to be of Noodle Box quality. Please contact me at thailucybyronbay@hotmail.com I would like to refund you your bill.
For some reason you " COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW RUDE THE OWNER AND STAFF WERE" quote.................
THE OWNER WAS NOT THERE! unfortunately! If I had have been Im sure your issues would have been resolved.
We serve hundreds of people a week and approx 85% of our patrons RAVE about our food!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon so that your issues can be resolved.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Dry frozen samosas, dry money bags, told in a whispered voice We only take CASH no credit facilities.
We ate and found it all so tasteless, the green curry was the same as the red curry..just the colour varied.
We asked for the bill and then the girl sat down to eat her dinner, I mouthed to her, OUR BILL she got up and slapped it on the table and sat back down to her dinner.
I am thinking these guys are tax avoiders as taking only CASH?? I went up to pay I told her, myf ood wasnt good enough, my entrees were dry and I want to know why you only take cash? She said the owner is from Bali and he is here tomorrow, I then said.. well I am from the Tax Office, she then gave me 10 dollars off my meal.. I think something dodgy is going down there..

MARK R, General Manager at Thai Lucy, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear helly1956,
I'm saddened that your dining experience with us was as you describe.
Clearly our food standard was way below our normal authentic Thai tastiness and I would love to have the opportunity to offer you and your table a complimentary dinner. Please email me if you would like to accept my offer thailucybyronbay@hotmail.com.
It also saddens me that a particular long term member of my staff would treat you with disrespect.
After reading your review and 5 or 6 previous reviews describing this staff members behaviour it clear that an apology is due to you and a number of our other patrons. Please accept my apology .
Regarding payment of bills : on every menu it is stated " No Credit Card Facilities (CASH ONLY) " and we have a ATM adjacent to our restaurant .

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are regulars to Byron and will never go back. Everyones meal came out together except for my son, who ate alone eventually. When I paid I was very rudely asked if I was expecting change. This treatment was by the owner, she was rude and intimidating. Plenty of other better restaurants to eat in this town.

1  Thank janeo408
MARK R, Owner at Thai Lucy, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear janeo408
I have just read your review and I'm saddened deeply that you have been intimidated and treated rudely by a particular long term staff member( not the owner) of mine and that her behaviour has caused you to title your review "WORST SERVICE".
I would like to take the opportunity to invite you and your table back for a complimentary meal whilst I'm present in the restaurant. If you would like to accept my offer please contact me thailucybyronbay@hotmail.com

Mark

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I really like the el-fresco vibe in this little laneway of eating joints but for a number of reasons the quality of this place was pretty average. Very busy but average. The Laksa is good, but service and especially timing of the food coming onto the table was below par. Our dining companion had almost finished his meal before the rest of us began to receive our meals (about 15/20mins) and there's no excuse for a professional dining establishment to come out and tell us that they have run out of a 'special after they have served everyone else on our tables but that they could prepare something else in another ten minutes' making it over 45 minutes. For their misdeeds they did remove the holiday corkage surcharge which considering how much we drank to cope with the farcial food adventure did go a small way towards improving our attitude.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food very poor. Service even worse. After we ate we had the bill then change bought back, when owner stood there staring at us. She eventually very rudely said "I have people waiting". We had to poor our half finished glasses of wine back into the bottle and leave. So appalled, never been so disgusted by such rudeness!!!!

1  Thank lozzzz123