“Great place with great people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cape Beach House

The Cape Beach House
Ranked #3 of 39 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
London
“Great place with great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was quite short, though absolutely great!The owners are wonderful people, very helpful and supportive!We were lucky to secure a room there!!The location is perfect, the rooms are very clean and neat.This place is definitely worth staying at:)

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cbh2481, Owner at The Cape Beach House, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. It was a shame you weren't with us longer but we hope you had a wonderful rest of your trip. All the best, Katie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Cape beach house was the perfect place to write my book as the surrounds are very peaceful.A lovely relaxing home right across from the beach & the cafe. Private room very comfortable.
Personal service from owner Katie was a nice touch to our stay.

Room Tip: we chose the room at the rear of the residence for extra privacy away from other guests.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is our second time at Cape Beach House this and it was just as good as ever.
Friendly welcome. spotlessly clean rooms well equipped with iphone charger dock, wi-fi. hairdryer and beach towels. Certainly a very relaxing place to chill out for a few days or more.
Would definitely go back again, soon, I hope.

Room Tip: All rooms look good. The front room has its own balcony, but the back rooms are alittle quieter when...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you again for another wonderful review. It is always a pleasure having lovely guests like you two return to the Beach House and we look forward to another visit soon! Take care, Katie x
Grafton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I only spent one night at The Cape Beach House (unfortunately).
We thank Katie for her wonderful service prior to during and after our stay.
Katie helped me find a beautician so I could have my makeup done as we were in Byron for a friends wedding. We loved the communal kitchen area that was ours to use. Breakfast options were second to none! All types of tea on offer! Room was fabulous. Even beach towels provided!
Thank you Katie. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I recently had 3 wonderful nights in Byron Bay at the superb (this word doesn't do it justice !!) Cape Beach House.
The accommodation here was quite simply faultless. Included within this description was "Comfy bed, spotlessly clean bedroom and bath room, absolutely prime location at the edge of Byron Bay - with the beach access about 50 yards away, lovely lounge area - with magazines books and games provided, well equipped decking areas and a pool !!".
Katie - the owner - was the icing on the top of the cake. A really nice lady who was totally determined to ensure her guests were very well treated whether it be giving information about the local area or ensuring your breakfast, in the communal lounge / dining area, set you up for the day. Nothing too much trouble - proper customer (you were made to feel like a family friend) care !!
Byron Bay is gorgeous with everthing you could want for a chilled stay to recharge those batteries. Enough shops to while away an hour or two from the beach and some great eateries (all within walking distance of the Cape Beach House so driving / parking not a prob and meant I could have a beer or two with an evening meal - try Fishheads - great food and ambience).

Our time here flew by in the blink of an eye and Byron Bay and especially The Cape Beach House became a memorable part of my wife and I's first (it won't be the last) trip to Australia.

Our grateful thanks to Katie ( and her husband Marc) for adding to the pleasure of 2 new Brit tourists. Read the reviews and get it booked (quickly !!!).

Room Tip: Speak to Katie for full local info - visit Bangalow (quirky and very nice nice - credit card might t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mick L
cbh2481, Owner at The Cape Beach House, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our absolute pleasure having you with us at the Beach House and we are so pleased you chose to stay with us on your first visit to Byron Bay. We look forward to seeing you back at the Beach House again on your next visit to Australia! All the very best. Katie
Bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Cape Beach House had been recommended by a good friend who has been staying there for the past 2 years. Katie was a fantastic host, welcoming and friendly, you felt comfortable immediately. Katie was also able to provide valuable advice on where to get a good cup of coffee (important for me) and restaurants for dinner. The location is great; close to the beach yet not too far for a beachside walk into town. Loved the decor, a real beach vibe. Rooms are huge, clean, white and light - just what you need for a beachside holiday - putting you in holiday mode as soon as you check in! Breakfast, a healthy smorgasboard of fruit, cereals, yoghurt and a selection of breads for toast. I wholeheartedly recommend The Cape Beach House and will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: All five rooms are great, as long as you can book a room it doesn't matter which room you stay i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this B & B not knowing very much about Byron Bay at all. My son was getting married and I wanted somewhere handy to town, Byron Beach Cafe where the reception was being held and to the beach. What a joy to find Katie welcoming me upon my arrival, making sure that everything I needed was catered for and for being so interested in her guests' plans. She made me feel so special and asked how the wedding went and let everyone know why I was there. Those four days were some of the best I've known and I will definitely be going back - next time with all my friends who I raved on to for weeks following my stay. Keep up the good work - you certainly deserve every one of those 5 stars I gave you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo