“Brilliant”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was our second surf lesson after having our first at Bondi Beach and although it was very good this was a much better experience. The staff were very friendly and chatty and made the whole experience very laid back. The coaching were great as well, we had Dom and Dingo I think were there names. There was none of - this is how you do it, now go and have a go for an hour . For the first hour or so we all got pushed into every wave. This meant we could focus on trying to stand up which all of us did. The last 30 minutes or so we had a go ourselves along with getting more advice about paddling as the wave approaches and catches you. If we had had been in Byron longer we definitely would have had another go and it was almost half the price of Bondi !! They also have a photographer on the beach during your lesson that you can get all the photo's of you for $15. Can't recommend enough, Stephen and Isabel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff and instructors were super friendly and that made the whole experience so much fun. They provided wetsuits, boards and all the help and instruction you needed to get up on the waves.

We really enjoyed our afternoon and wished we were staying in town another night so we could come back and do another session with them.

I wish I had thought to take a bottle of water with me but other than that the day was absolutely perfect. THUMBS UP BLACK DOG !!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only signed up for a single lesson but enjoyed it so much I went again the next day. I'm mid 30s, out of shape and I burn in the sun non of which was a problem. They supply all gear including a full wet suit (optional) and then just put sunblock on your face and neck (which they also supply), all you need is yourself and maybe a towel. Both instructors I met were fantastic and very encouraging. Tam was super enthusiastic and even came out and took photos which I can't wait to take a look at. Byron Bay is amazing and these guys are the icing on the cake. Oh, if your driving there is 4hrs free parking outside the front but it could take a while to find a space.

2  Thank Russell S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a private lesson for two with Paul and he was a very encouraging and professional instructor, highly recommend. Tam was great in co-ordinating the lesson and kept us well informed with any changes. Definitely will be back!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Black Dog made turned a great family holiday into an exceptional one. Learning to surf put a whole new dimension into the holiday. The staff are great, helpful, accomodating and friendly. Not to forget: George the dog, still chasing that tennis ball !!