“Will be back again & again!”
Review of Targa

Targa
Ranked #30 of 210 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary food in a classic setting. Our coffee, Genovese Super Brazil blend...Rich and flavoursome with caramel nut and vanilla notes.Our menu, inspired by the chef's travels through Italy, Spain, Portugal and France, using quality ingredients and local produce where possible. Escape and enjoy our spacious, corner-side restaurant with casual yet attentive service for breakfast lunch and dinner, 7 days. Or drop by for a cocktail or wine, licensed to serve beverages at all times without food.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had one of the best meals I have had in a long time!
Mushroom carpaccio was to die for and I cant remember having gnocchi that good EVER!
We dined on a quiet evening with the service attentive without being in our face. All togerther a great evening

1  Thank Tony M

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went back to Targa this year and were very well looked after and cosy on a cold winters night. Good fresh food, interesting wines , service really friendly but don't go if in a rush. Lovely night.

1  Thank MandyandChris13
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Been several times to Targa, used to be a lot better in their hay day. Last visit was a real dissapointment. Went with three others for dinner during splendour. Waited almost an hour for our dinner, lucky the company was good! My dessert (chocolate tart) was burnt and tasteless. Bit on the expensive side too. Has a cool decor but not sure if we will be taking out of town visitors there again!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Came in late, mid-week looking for a meal for a group of 6 of us. The Targo staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We had two courses, wine, and digestifs and everything was excellent. The taleggio souffle was a stand out, as was the gorganzola gnocchi. The staff were also very helpful with gluten-free options. Pricing was more than reasonable, given the quality.

1  Thank jjmack31
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Targa has some soft seating, which is hard to find in minimalist Byron Bay, and the food and coffee are good. Prices are acceptable, and this is a comparatively spacious venue with pleasant décor. But I found the service officious and rude, underneath a veneer of politeness. I would not recommend Targa to singles who care about where they sit, because groups and families are prioritised. I went there first on my own, and was asked to move to give up my table for two so that it could be joined to another to provide room for a family, who arrived after I did. The second time I went there was with another person, thinking this would be protective, but a similar thing happened.

The staff attempted to be solicitous, but hovered around anxiously waiting for us to finish so they could seat a larger group. I wont go there again when I holiday next in Byron Bay, but if you don't mind being shuttled around, or are willing to pick the least comfortable seats first off, or to sit at the bar tables, you will get a good coffee, and an acceptable to good meal at average Byron Bay prices.