“A winner every time!!”
Review of Targa

Targa
Ranked #46 of 210 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary food in a classic setting. Our coffee, Genovese Super Brazil blend...Rich and flavoursome with caramel nut and vanilla notes.Our menu, inspired by the chef's travels through Italy, Spain, Portugal and France, using quality ingredients and local produce where possible. Escape and enjoy our spacious, corner-side restaurant with casual yet attentive service for breakfast lunch and dinner, 7 days. Or drop by for a cocktail or wine, licensed to serve beverages at all times without food.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A local Byron resident, I've eaten at Targa a number of times and am never disappointed... the staff, atmosphere and quality of food are right up there.

Most recently, at a breakfast meeting, I tried the breakfast risotto whose flavours I am still dreaming about a week on.

A few weeks back, I went for lunch with some friends and had the lunch special, a veal schnitzel with salad and a glass of wine, all for $20. It was superb. And their Tiramisu is something else entirely.

If you want to be assured a great meal, head to Targa!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Away from the main tourist scene Targa is one of those restaurants that sea to cater to locals and as is often the case does everything that little bit better than average.

Coffee was incredible, as good as any I've had in Melbourne and the breakfast kept the same standard. Several unusual and imaginative options available as well as the old favourites.

Went back for lunch which at $20 with a glass of wine was incredible value. The beef pie was out of this world.

Will definitely return next time we're in town.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having read the great review of Targa in The Good Food Guide, I was pretty keen to check it out and it didn't disappoint! We headed down for a laid back lunch, really enjoyed the atmosphere, the decor, service was good with a steady stream of regulars for whom it seemed like a second home. The food was a real treat - lovely Italian flavours with subtle twists here and there. You can tell the chef is passionate about food and I look forward to my next visit for a lazy lovely lunch.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We visited this Restaurant on a number of occasions both for breakfast, lunch and an evening meal. The food was of the same excellent standard on each occasion, served quickly and always hot. Especially good were the warm muffins with morning coffee.

The Restaurant is attractive with some very interesting decor, it is airy and light with some outside seating, it does get rather busy but we mostly managed to find a table and the staff were very helpful if we had to wait a little

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Having spent a couple of months in Byron, I have thoroughly enjoyed my meals at Targa.

The breakfast menu is interesting, and very tasty. You have to try the breaky risotto.
The luch special is great value with a glass of wine. Had a lovely seafood pasta dish.

Looking forward to having dinner there next time I'm in town.