“Laid-back, classy and packed full of gastronomic treats”
Review of Targa

Targa
Ranked #30 of 214 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary food in a classic setting. Our coffee, Genovese Super Brazil blend...Rich and flavoursome with caramel nut and vanilla notes.Our menu, inspired by the chef's travels through Italy, Spain, Portugal and France, using quality ingredients and local produce where possible. Escape and enjoy our spacious, corner-side restaurant with casual yet attentive service for breakfast lunch and dinner, 7 days. Or drop by for a cocktail or wine, licensed to serve beverages at all times without food.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having read the great review of Targa in The Good Food Guide, I was pretty keen to check it out and it didn't disappoint! We headed down for a laid back lunch, really enjoyed the atmosphere, the decor, service was good with a steady stream of regulars for whom it seemed like a second home. The food was a real treat - lovely Italian flavours with subtle twists here and there. You can tell the chef is passionate about food and I look forward to my next visit for a lazy lovely lunch.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We visited this Restaurant on a number of occasions both for breakfast, lunch and an evening meal. The food was of the same excellent standard on each occasion, served quickly and always hot. Especially good were the warm muffins with morning coffee.

The Restaurant is attractive with some very interesting decor, it is airy and light with some outside seating, it does get rather busy but we mostly managed to find a table and the staff were very helpful if we had to wait a little

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Having spent a couple of months in Byron, I have thoroughly enjoyed my meals at Targa.

The breakfast menu is interesting, and very tasty. You have to try the breaky risotto.
The luch special is great value with a glass of wine. Had a lovely seafood pasta dish.

Looking forward to having dinner there next time I'm in town.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really don't like the name of this restaurant but that has nothing to do with the rest of the experience. Nice place, open and inviting. Food and coffee were good.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience at Targa. I went for a Sunday morning breakfast and ordered a coffee and a muffin.
My muffin arrived, cold, dropped on a plate, and dumped in front of me! No butter, no knife, no serviette, no nothing. The coffee was ok, but not fantastic I have had better in Byron.
There was a beautiful bunch of flowers on the main reception, which were about to die a quick death due to the vase being nearly empty of water. Just another sign of neglect to detail.
I wont be back.