“Nice place”
Review of Targa

Targa
Ranked #48 of 199 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary food in a classic setting. Our coffee, Genovese Super Brazil blend...Rich and flavoursome with caramel nut and vanilla notes.Our menu, inspired by the chef's travels through Italy, Spain, Portugal and France, using quality ingredients and local produce where possible. Escape and enjoy our spacious, corner-side restaurant with casual yet attentive service for breakfast lunch and dinner, 7 days. Or drop by for a cocktail or wine, licensed to serve beverages at all times without food.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really don't like the name of this restaurant but that has nothing to do with the rest of the experience. Nice place, open and inviting. Food and coffee were good.

There are newer reviews for Targa

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience at Targa. I went for a Sunday morning breakfast and ordered a coffee and a muffin.
My muffin arrived, cold, dropped on a plate, and dumped in front of me! No butter, no knife, no serviette, no nothing. The coffee was ok, but not fantastic I have had better in Byron.
There was a beautiful bunch of flowers on the main reception, which were about to die a quick death due to the vase being nearly empty of water. Just another sign of neglect to detail.
I wont be back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I will not be going back to Targa ever again.The Staff were pretty much useless.We sat for a half hour just to be served with all of only 5people in the restaurant.The staff tended to ignore the order of who came in first, chatted amongst themselves and when I was close to walk out, then took our order.We then waited an hour to be fed, which was ridiculous when the place was not busy.We saw a group of girls, who mentioned they had to catch a bus receive their meals late and not have an opportunity to even finish eating it-they left very disgruntled too.
The meals were delicious but because of the really bad attitude of staff and slow service we left a bit cranky and disappointed overall.It's a shame.Customer service is a big deal to me.

1  Thank funnydude
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on Friday night. The service was sensational, the food was spectacular and overall it was a very enjoyable experience. The prices were very reasonable considering the quality.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have had breakfast and coffee regularly at Targa as a local and always been happy with the food and service generally. They are often busy so staff are not always responsive. I decided to take my mother who was visiting from melbourne for breakfast. Unfortunately her breakfast was not good and so they brought her an alternative meal. When paying we were asked to pay for the meal she sent back and had the chef aggressively tell us no one else had had a problem with the mushroom omlette. We have traveled extensively and eaten at many quality restaurants and not experienced this type of treatment from a service provider before. It left us feeling very disrespected as a customer and I feel it is such a shame that for $13 or whatever it was they would have lost they have cost themselves a lot of repeat business from us and anyone else who comes to visit.