“We just love it .... Every time ”
Review of Belongil Bistro

Belongil Bistro
Ranked #47 of 205 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: All day breakfast from 7am to 2pm daily. Dinners on Friday night only in Summer.
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Your menu, location & staff are fantastic. We enjoy breakfast & lunch and as yet haven't been holidaying over the dinner nights. So much more laid back. It is a treat every time we eat at your fabulous restaurant. Ps. I just adore how the pouches are adored & welcomed here. And there all so quiet & well behaved

1  Thank Bebee412

Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you cant find something on this cafes menu you might be suffering from stupidity. Great menu! great coffee. Great place to eat.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food was nice, but the menu was very limited. Had we had a bit more energy would have gone into town. The service was fine.

5  Thank Etonbeach
Belongilbistro, Owner at Belongil Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Etonbeach,

Thank you for visiting us yesterday and for your kind comment regarding the quality of our food. I'm sorry that you thought 27 dishes available from 7am until 2pm was limited, all with options to modify or add on as most of our customers do. We pride ourselves on keeping our menu to a size that enables us to keep the shelf life of all our products to a minimum, and in doing so allows us to serve fresh well cooked dishes, prepared daily.

I'm sorry that you thought it would be a good idea to publicly humiliate a popular food establishment with your opinion, especially given that we have been working extremely hard for 25 years in some of Europe and Australia's top restaurants. Although many of our peers find the new craze of unqualified online reviews damaging to the industry we welcome the opportunity to be able to respond to our customers directly and in public also.

We hope you enjoyed your trip all the way from lovely Tweed Heads and hope that next time you visit you will have the energy to venture into town. Fortunately Byron Bay has an excellent taxi service which we would have been more than happy to provide you with had you asked.

Although I'm almost certain any of the other restaurants in town worth eating at would not have more dishes on the menu as ourselves, I recommend that you frequent eateries nearer to you on the Gold Coast. They will definitely have a larger menu and I'm certain you'll be more impressed with what you find there. I recommend everyone read your interesting reviews to get a better idea of your assumptions before making further judgements.

Regards,
Christian

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This restaurant is consistently good & much better value than anything similar in town. We often eat here for dinner on either Friday or Saturday evening, as these are the only nights they open.

The food is always of a high standard, the prices very reasonable, the staff are always helpful & the the setting is lovely.

Away from the mad hustle & bustle of the town, we usually sit outside & enjoy our meal in the peaceful surrounds.

I haven't eaten here during the day (open every day) but others have told me how good it is.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced quality meal in Byron Bay, this is the place to come.

1  Thank Macdaddyn
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My partner and I have been to this Cafe a couple of times while staying in Byron and we love it. the atmosphere, staff and food are fantastic. Just a short walk from the Beach, I would recommend this Cafe to anybody visiting Byron!

1  Thank Jessica S