“Amazing food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Belongil Bistro

Belongil Bistro
Ranked #46 of 190 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All day breakfast from 7am to 2pm daily. Dinners on Friday night only in Summer.
Perth
“Amazing food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The first time we visited Belongil Bistro and although we didn't have dinner reservations, the wait person accommodated us at a cosy table close to the window. He was very attentive and explained the menu and specials clearly. He also helped us choose a delicious drinkable wine. I ordered the blue cheese ravioli and my friend the vegetarian stack, and we both enjoyed our meal immensely. The entree of calamari was cooked perfectly. The bistro has a great relaxed atmosphere which is enhanced by the friendly and helpful staff. The food was fresh and well priced. It was a very enjoyable evening. Worth visiting again for brunch and lunch also.

• Visited March 2013

Australia
“Just what Belongil Beach needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were thrilled to find Belongil Bistro right next door to where we were staying. Great coffee, friendly efficient staff, small but adequate menu and good wine list.
We had dinner (booking recommended) and were not disappointed. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Belongil Bistro has a great atmosphere, good background music and attentive staff - we'll go back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
Sydney
“Fab food, poor service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Belongil bistro has a lovely clean relaxed vibe, although perhaps a little too relaxed given I had to get my own menus! Hoping for lunch we were told at 11:45am this was not possible, sorry we did not want to stress the chef out!! (It was not busy)
Our coffees were forgotten & frappe came out after our meals did... Although late both were very good!
The food was great so service & no lunch option can be forgiven - I had the corn fritters which were light and full of flavour. The bacon & egg roll was fantastic, and avocado spinach ricotta bruschetta was fresh, creamy & crunchy. Definitely worth a visit, if you can deal with friendly but slow service.

Melbourne, Australia
“One of my faves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I was delighted when I heard of a new cafe opening up 800 metres from my house. I was totally impressed when I actually tried it out. The chef is amazing, the food divine and the coffee in my opinion is outstanding. I love this place!! Keep up the good work & see you again very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Our new favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently discovered Belongil Bistro and now can't keep away! if you want a fantastic meal with a great vibe just outside of the hustle and bustle of Byron, head there. Staff are fun/friendly and always willing to accommodate. Prices are surprisingly reasonable with the quality of food served. We have eaten there for breakfast, lunch and dinner ( try the gnocchi with blood orange and watercress- TDF) and have never walked away disappointed. Be sure to order desserts also! YUM!

• Visited January 2013