“Fab food, poor service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Belongil Bistro

Belongil Bistro
Ranked #43 of 190 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All day breakfast from 7am to 2pm daily. Dinners on Friday night only in Summer.
Sydney
“Fab food, poor service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Belongil bistro has a lovely clean relaxed vibe, although perhaps a little too relaxed given I had to get my own menus! Hoping for lunch we were told at 11:45am this was not possible, sorry we did not want to stress the chef out!! (It was not busy)
Our coffees were forgotten & frappe came out after our meals did... Although late both were very good!
The food was great so service & no lunch option can be forgiven - I had the corn fritters which were light and full of flavour. The bacon & egg roll was fantastic, and avocado spinach ricotta bruschetta was fresh, creamy & crunchy. Definitely worth a visit, if you can deal with friendly but slow service.

Melbourne, Australia
“One of my faves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I was delighted when I heard of a new cafe opening up 800 metres from my house. I was totally impressed when I actually tried it out. The chef is amazing, the food divine and the coffee in my opinion is outstanding. I love this place!! Keep up the good work & see you again very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Our new favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently discovered Belongil Bistro and now can't keep away! if you want a fantastic meal with a great vibe just outside of the hustle and bustle of Byron, head there. Staff are fun/friendly and always willing to accommodate. Prices are surprisingly reasonable with the quality of food served. We have eaten there for breakfast, lunch and dinner ( try the gnocchi with blood orange and watercress- TDF) and have never walked away disappointed. Be sure to order desserts also! YUM!

• Visited January 2013
Byron bay
“Best coffee in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Ok so this is the best coffee in town hands down, I eat out everywhere and this is so far the best cafe to go to. It's opposite a nice quiet belongil beach and the staff are friendly, also dog friendly. Did I say coffee is amazing and with the gourmet bacon and egg roll deal for $10 it's great, although other stuff on the menu seems a little over priced I still think it's worth it. Try the green smoothies they are great too.

Sydney, Australia
“Shootin' the Breeze.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A cruisey breakfast at Belongil Bistro is a great way to start your day. The menu is designed around quality fresh produce. I love the avocado and fresh ricotta on wood fired bread. The green juice will have you feeling very virtuous whilst licking your lips. The daily muffin choice is to die for. A big surprise is the bubble 'n squeak with poached egg and hollandaise sauce. It is the best hang over cure ever! Relaxed but friendly service. Love the locals and their dogs who pop in for great coffee.

• Visited January 2013