“Byron Stand Up Paddle - Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 40 Tours in Byron Bay
Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Byron Stand Up Paddle - Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to learn how to do Stand up Paddle Board. I looked at Mojo, Black Dog and all the others. I read the awful review on this site and was initially turned off by it. I changed my mind though when I rang the others. This company didn't mind that it was winter and there was only me on my own. Aaron turned up to find that I had gone to the wrong location. He took the time to drive around and find me and shadow me to the right location. He was then thoughtful in his approach to teaching me how to stand up. As a beginner he stayed with me the whole time, showing me the tips of turning, the tricks to balance etc. The journey down the river was magical and the tunnel of trees together with the stingrays and beautiful water birds was well worth the effort. I would highly recommend this trip if you want to see part of the magical northern rivers while learning something new in the company of a patient and caring instructor

Visited August 2013
3 Thank purebyron

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very fun way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a great time on our tour. It is very well suited to families - my daughter who is 10 managed very easily, also my 13 year old son had a great time too.

I would definitely recommend this. Aaron was very accommodating, on time and gave easy to follow instructions.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michelle R
Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Tranquil Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went SUP for the first time with my friend. Aaron who ran Byron Stand Up Paddle boarding was amazing, made us feel at ease as never had done it before.
Went to Brunswick river, it was such a beautiful day. Saw Stingrays, amazing birds and he showed us the tranquil environment.
This is the best thing we have done in Byron- its such a enjoyable experience. We are hoping to go again on the full day tour !
Thank-you would definately reccommend for everyone to try this.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lucy N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For sure, give it a go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I came over from Perth
for our Honeymoon and the one thing that we wanted to do was try Stand Up Paddleboarding.

We booked into a group lesson(which is a lesson plus a very nice paddle up the river). We had never done it before but after a few minutes we were up on the board and paddling.

It was an absolutely fantastic experience, Aaron is such a good host and I highly recommend Byron Stand Up Paddle.

Brett

1 Thank Brett_871
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A relaxing, fun experience with a friendly host.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We are honeymooning in Byron Bay and my husband was very keen to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding. I'm not athletic at all and was a little nervous but, WOW, what a day!

I was happy just to be STANDING on a board in the water, so everything else was the cherry on top!

Aaron was a friendly and chilled out instructor. The day was low key and relaxed.

1 Thank TheNewsGirl