“Unexpected quality tapas”

St. Elmo Dining Room and Bar
Ranked #6 of 205 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fabulous menu featuring traditional Spanish food; courteous, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable wait staff, great atmosphere, reasonable prices. A great venue for any occasion in one of the best spots in the whole of Australia - Byron Bay.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate here with friends last night. Was completely unexpected experience. Excellent food, excellent wine, excellent service. Will return!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate here after eating some sushi so we didn't have much room which was a shame because the menu here is pretty extensive.
We were greeted warmly and seated quickly. The service is attentive without being too much. The interior of the restaurant is trendy but cozy as well depending on where you sit.
Our tapas came out quickly and they were really fresh. The soft shell crab sliders were yum but I really loved the empanadas with the goats cheese filling. So good! And the chimchurri and aioli were very nice.
This place is pricey but that is same eveywhere in Byron. For our two dishes and a bottle of sparkling water -$39. I would definitely come back again as there we other dishes I would have liked to try if we weren't so full! Their cocktail list also looks great.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything about this place is great - food, wine, service, atmosphere! Our waitress was so lovely and helpful and made sure our glasses were never empty. All the dishes were delicious and made with the freshest ingredients. We had a fabulous dinner here

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Good menu and specials. Good service and waiters. Worth a visit for tourists and a once every six weeks or so for locals. A pretty good place to eat.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I knew it wasn't going to be my place of choice if I wanted a romantic dinner for two, just from the phone call when I made the booking. It was 6pm on a Saturday night and it was so noisy I was yelling down the phone so the lady could hear me. I had to wait til 7.45 to get a table for 2, so booking ahead of time would be a good idea.
The atmosphere was buzzing, the service great, the food very tasty, the wine outstanding. But the acoustics are in need of assistance, unless you don't mind talking loudly. The tables are all pretty close, but our neighbours were all very friendly and with a couple of great wines we joined in the buzz.
Recommended if you feel like a lively atmosphere but don't give it a thought if you are looking for a romantic dinner for two!