“Fishy Flavors”

Fishheads
Ranked #20 of 207 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Fishheads Restaurant & Takeaway is located on Main Beach just 20 metres from the Pacific Ocean over looking the mountains and our famous Cape Byron Light House. The restaurant, housed in the original Bathers Pavilion built in 1951, was refurbished most recently in 2003 and with the addition of the outdoor beachfront deck, is now one of Byron's best dining experiences. With a strong focus on fresh seafood and a commitment to sourcing local produce, its an obvious choice for both locals and tourist in the historic coastal town. Come in and let the Fishheads team treat you to an incredible experience by one of the worlds most iconic beaches.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The fish and chips tasted of rancid oil. Not a wide range of choice on the menu. Service was curt and surly. Overpriced for what you get.

1  Thank Linda W

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident and were delighted with the service and especially the food. I had the local caught line fish which was superb and my husband the scampi risotto. Very very good and would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had the salt & pepper squid for a starter which was very good and the seafood mixed grill for main. The lobster was to small with no flesh but everything else was very nice. Chips were over salted! I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hi from reading other reviews in the poor section they have all had bad expierences, especially with the waiting staff. Its been over a year since I have eaten (June 2011) here but the whole expereince has put us off eating out all together. I am still so angry about it hence why I am writing these comments again to reiterate it. The staff here were so, so rude to us and the food was appalling. I have seen from the few comments that the management write back, which I must say are very sparse so they obviously do not care about there customers feed back and they think they are either lying or over complaining. We were so ill after visiting here . I really hope this place closes real soon as they do not have a clue on how to run a business let a lone cook fish en chips. Please if reading this before do not eat here.

1  Thank ajs604
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch (2people) and shared 6 oysters for entree and each had a seafood mixed grill for main course with a green salad.. That was it and the bill was $98. The Oysters with finger limes were good but the mixed grill was awful it was very dry as if it had been standing under the heat lights or been prepared a long time and the oil that it was drizzled with tasted terrible and I suggest was stale. The salad was great. The service was great but we felt the kitchen let them down.