“Sundive Byron Bay”
Review of Sundive Byron Bay

Sundive Byron Bay
Ranked #3 of 45 Tours in Byron Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Sundive Byron Bay Located just 2.5 Kilometres from Byron Bay, one of Australia's most popular travel destinations, Julian Rocks Marine Park is rated as one of the top five scuba diving locations in Australia. The mixing of tropical warm currents with cooler temperate waters makes the diving near Byron Bay unique.Due to its amazing diversity and abundance of fish life with over 1000 recorded species of tropical, temperate and pelagic fish, Julian Rocks has earned a reputation as being one of the most prolific fish dives in the world. Whales, Dolphins, Manta Rays, Leopard Sharks, the endangered Grey Nurse Shark and three species of Turtle are all common visitors to Julian Rocks. All the action is just 10 minutes from Byron Bay's main beach!Sundive is Byron Bay's only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. Since it was established in 1988, Sundive has earned numerous PADI service awards and is internationally recognised as a centre of excellence in diver training. Training ranges from introductory dives and beginner dive courses through to instructor certifications. So if you are looking to dive Byron Bay, Sundive should be your first port of call. The friendly and professional service you'll receive at Sundive ensures that you will get the most out of your scuba diving experience.
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have had the pleasure of snorkelling with Sundive at the Julian Rocks from time to time over the last 10+ years - The sundive team are consumate professionals who made me feel safe and comfortable at all times, from fitting me with a wetsuit to knowing the best spots to dive. I have had too many amazing times to count with Sundive - if you have never dived in Byron you must take a course or even just go for a snorkel with them. I have tried the other dive shop in Byron and went straight back to Sundive. My 13 year old son recently did his dive course at sundive and is completely addicted. I have travelled the globe and would recommend the team at Sundive very very highly!!!

There are newer reviews for Sundive Byron Bay

Reviewed February 5, 2010

Taking SCUBA lessons with Sundive was one of the most memorable and enjoyable things I have ever done. If you can imagine being trained to dive by a group of your best friends, who are also expert divers, then you would begin to understand how things at Sundive operate.

I was only in Australia for about a week, and it rained nearly the entire time I was there. Since I was going to be soaked anyway, I thought I might give SCUBA a try. My instructor, "Irish John" McCarthy, was very thorough. He made sure safety was our number one priority. He told us that our second priority was to enjoy ourselves. When we were finally able to do our open water dives around Julian Rocks, we were safe and had an awesome time.

I would recommend Sundive to anyone who is interested in becoming a PADI certified open water diver. They have an amazing crew of professionals that will take care of you from start to finish.

You'll never forget where you were when you saw your first green sea turtle, octopus, or grey nurse shark. I was in Byron Bay, learning to become a SCUBA diver with Sundive.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

I did my Padi Open Water course with Sundive and I'v been hooked on diving ever since. The guys there were the business and made the whole learning experience thoroughly enjoyable. I returned some months afterwards to complete my Rescue Diver course with Sundive and although this course was much tougher the Sundive instructors were professional and patient in imparting their knowledge. Julian Rocks is a fantastic dive site and i completed over 50 dives there with the Sundive team. All were great dives, as the Sundive divemasters know exactly how best to approach the grey nurse sharks, and enable us to take some great photos. I found the equipment to be always up to scratch and safety was always priority. The atmosphere pre and post dive was always jovial, with all the divers getting stuck in, to wash and stow the gear, launch the boat etc etc. All in all an A1 diving experience. Mark Meehan, Ireland

Reviewed February 5, 2010

About a year ago myself and 30 others got certified by Sundive. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I could not have picked a better place to dive and a friendlier staff. I really enjoyed every aspect of my dive. I would tell anyone who visits Australia and loves to dive to or would like to learn to dive to go to Sundive. Wish I was there now and look forward to diving with them again.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

Have been diving for 20 years all over the South Pacicic and Australia,have logged over 2000 dives and I would rate Sundive in Byron Bay as one of the most professional and friendly operators I have experienced.The staff are always very safety conscious and customer care always comes first.I have dived with them many times and intend to dive with them whenever I am up the Coast.