“9/10”

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i visit the bay often i love coffee i find myself at mokha quite a bit for breakfast/lunch i cant fault this place even when its super busy the floor staff are friendly attentive and happy the coffee girls are quick and its always super tasty its heaven when you add banana bread to the combo. Its a real winner in my eyes the only sour taste i get from this place is the cranky old guy who comes in all guns blazing yelling like a drill sergeant the way you speak to staff is appalling (especially when done in front of customers) i've seen this happen more than once you should really be ashamed of yourself.. Apart from that i love the place!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

A friend and I ordered 5 items, 3 of those had to be sent back as they came to the table uneatable. Staff were also disorganised, struggling to get the right order to the right table. Mokha Cafe is perfect candidate for Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares series. In the meantime if you want a good coffee and nice food don’t stop at Mokha!

3  Thank Bronan K
Dean S, Owner at Mokha, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hi Bronan K,
I am really disappointed to here that you had a bad experience at Mokha.
What you have mentioned is not acceptable and I appologise for the bad experience.

I would love to know more information so that I can get to the bottom of what was going on during my weekend off.
If you could please tell me
What time of the day
What you ordered ?
Where you sat in the cafe.?
What the staff member looked like?

Sorry for all the questions but I wish to find out more.

Regards
Dean

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place had a nice atmosphere. We all loved the live music being performed in the arcade next to it. We sat inside but there was a nice outside covered area. The decor was nice but the lighting a bit too dark. The staff were nice and provided good quality service.
Four of us ate dinner there one night. Our friend ordered a salad. It looked nice. I ordered a vegetarian risotto. It had way too much feta cheese and was really salty. I didn't enjoy it. Sorry. My husband and another friend shared the paella. They absolutely loved it. It was a good size and had a reasonable amount of seafood in it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Good service, fresh food and good value. Well worth a visit. Had lunch here and got complimentary glass of wine.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I like the relaxed feel of this place & it is slightly elevated from street level which is nice. The eggs breakfast dishes are the pick, although their attempt at a croque monsieur special was below the mark. They need to consult the receipe book on that one! The coffee is good and the service quick & friendly. This is one of the better cafe's in town & worth a try.