“Special and classy accomodation in Byron”
Review of Atlantic Byron Bay

Atlantic Byron Bay
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Byron Bay
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic for 4 nights and were very happy about the location, the rooms and the service. If you look for somthing nice in Byron (not too loud but not far away from the city) then the Atlantic is a fair choice. Rooms are a bit small but clean and light. The guesthouse is very well kept but not at the beach. However, they helped us with Surfing lessons and we were picked up in the morning (the popular surf spots are too far from Byron to walk anyway). All in all, we would recommend th Atlantic to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good location in town so you are right in the heart of it all.Lovely decor,very new and trendy.We were lucky enough to be up graded to the lodge.The bed was like a cloud and the pillows the best.You could have a party in the bathroom it was so large but it was strange there was no where to put anything.No shelf or cupboards just the sink to balance everything on ,and there is no light over the mirror which us girls like.There is a shared kitchen which is for guests to use ,this where you make your tea in the morning .which means if the other quests are up at 630 am making tea so are you .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lardybum6025
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed in both an ensuite room and the studio at the Atlantic and highly recommend it. The white weatherboard guest houses with black and white stripe awnings set the tone for this stylish property. The backdrop of white in the guesthouses is livened up with a few well-placed colourful or graphical furnishings such as cushions in palm tree prints or black chevron. Framed prints and artworks are dotted throughout. Beautiful cookbooks are displayed in the kitchens which are especially clean and well equipped. It had everything we needed from a large fridge and dishwasher to plunger coffee bags.
The excellent location meant we could walk everywhere and didn't need a car. We managed with a pram and a carrier with our 7 week old baby.
The Atlantic staff is friendly and welcoming. Very attentive on the rare occasion we needed them. We didn't see them unless we sought them out as the rooms have their own private entrances. Housekeeping never knocked on our door in the mornings so perhaps the rooms are made up when the guests head out for the day so as not to disturb. We enjoyed sitting on the tables and chairs at both our front and back doors.
Two minor things we noted were the lack of notepad/pen and no hand soap was provided in our room (a housekeeping oversight that was easily rectified).

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a wonderful property! We were traveling with our daughter, son-in-law and one year old grandson. We stayed in the rooms at the far end of the property. Wonderful yard to play in. Great deck to sit and relax with family and friends.
There is a vintage Airstream travel trailer on site for rental. Very cool!!!!! I wish I had known and would have booked this!! Although our rooms were lovely.
Check out was 10 a.m. which was right in the middle of the baby's nap. We went to the front desk and requested a late check out - approximately 11:00 - this was not a problem at all. We ended up staying until 11:30 for which we were very grateful!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chris f
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It is a lovely place, beautifully looked after and well appointed. We stayed for 3 nights, I would have liked a couple of easy chairs in the room as we did not always want to be in the common area and, being cooler weather, the rooms were cosier. We normally go for self-contained accommodation and so were not quite as comfortable with the sharing arrangement but it was a lovely place and the people were friendly.

I would stay there again, especially for a short break and especially in summer where the gardens and the open plan areas would really comeinto their own.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently spent a week at the Atlantic and loved every moment of it. I had a beautiful room with a sunfilled balcony, gorgeous bathroom and a comfy bed. I often worry about beds which are a king but can split into singles, but this one was was really comfortable.
The kitchen and living areas were beautiful and always kept clean.
I found the location perfect, right on the edge of town only a few blocks from the beach, which is perfect in Byron. No long walks home in the dark after a dinner out.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
I had a very relaxing stay with everything I needed.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are obviously better with access to kitchen and lovely outdoor eating and sitting area...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My one night at the Atlantic was lovely. I was in Byron for a very short time and I wish I had been able to stay longer. The room was light and airy, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was modern and clean and I enjoyed being there. It's located very conveniently.
There is a communal aspect to the kitchen and garden with one washing machine. I could have done with doing a load of washing but it was in use - you win some... Byron is a very sociable place but I felt like I should have brought my own friends... I stayed here out of fear of all the "party" hostels there - made for a fairly sterile experience. The only fault is your "free wifi" extends to one email on your iphone - then I don't know what you do as the reception was closed at 6pm... thankfully there is an internet cafe at the end of the road with free wifi that you can catch on the street corner... just look for all the backpackers with laptops!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo