“broken pool”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Byron Bay
Brisbane, Australia
“broken pool”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The kids love a pool so we where disapointed when we saw the broken pool sign up for the duration of our stay.
noisy from people getting into their rooms in the early hours
when we checked out they charged us 7 dollars for 2 tiny bottles of water which every other motel give for free
I suggested the water should be free since the pool was out of order during our stay, she was having none of it
overpriced for what is a cheap style motel
the only positive was its close to most things and cafes and has a car space
shame still looking for a good motel hotel to use on our byron visits

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Newcastle
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Checked into this Motel late in the afternoon got a double room with balcony for $165 which was very good value for money for its location others were wanting $195 - $240 room no14 balcony overlooked library car park receptionist did inform us on check in but it got the evening sun so we chilled out with a drink. The nice lady on reception was really helpful recommending places to eat & go. After we had checked out she let us leave our car in car park while we went out for the day. Room was nice & clean, comfy bed, all the facilities you need hairdryer, iron, fridge etc. great outdoor facilities too not that we used them due to only staying one night but front shallow pool with loungers rear garden & BBQ area. Great location near town & beach. I would have happily stayed longer & would totally recommend you book in here. Thanks bay beach motel happy holidays :-)

Room Tip: Room 14 overlooks library car park
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuzNige
Sydney
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I travel all over the place for business and this is one motel I keep coming back to.
It is clean and really close to town, an easy walk down the street, but far enough away that you don't get the noise from the centre of town.
The construction next door has finished, so no noise from there.
The lady at the front counter is always friendly and helpful.
For this area it is well priced.
I don't have any problems I can think of about staying here!
I just read the other reviews and can't believe some of the whinging about this motel, wow! I totally disagree!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank A T
Grafton, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

stayed for one night visiting with three other couples, good clean motel , near the centre of town , good for short stays for couples, pleasant staff, good base to stay a week end, we were lucky to get 4 rooms all of our party were pleased

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NigelBacon
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Such a great location - the BBM is a short walk from the centre of town, so no need for a taxi, walk to light house across the road from the main beach - a cute little pool great when the beach is windy...

Room Tip: I stayed in the balcony room, although I have stayed in the east side a little smaller but also comf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am very disappointed in this motel. I have tried twice to book a "Standard 2 Night Room" on their site. Each time i go to process the payment i get an error saying I have not met the minimum stay. The room is a "2 night room" and I am booking for 2 nights.

When i called the hotel, I was told by the very rude receptionist that the owners have 'changed their mind', for this period it will be a minimum 5 night stay. This is not stated anywhereon their site, and to make matters worse over the past few days a number of our family and friends have booked the same room for 2 and 3 nights. I was told that they have now changed their policy for this time period, there is nothing she can do for me. I was told to call back in a few days to see if there are any updates.

I am very displeased with the service i have received.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TNA31
Sydney
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here as a solo traveller for a couple of days in October and was impressed by the location, facilities and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious, nice decor and with all the facilities you would expect of a motel. I recommend as a good value for money option right near the beach and town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo