Review Highlights
Excellent coaching

I went on a week long surf trip with the girls from surf Getaways to Bali in August 2019. In short... read more

Reviewed January 17, 2020
JessH537
Auckland, New Zealand
Come back home a different surfer!

Cannot say enough positive things about Surf Getaways! I went on a trip to Fiji with surf coach... read more

Reviewed January 14, 2020
bb_artemisia
Victoria, Canada

All reviews supportive environment eco resort an amazing experience jenny fiji serena matanivusi confidence adventure yoga surf waves
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019

Are you looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself in a supportive environment? Are you looking to surf world class waves with likeminded women? Are you looking to take your surfing to a new level under the guidance of experienced female coaches?
Don’t waste any more time surfing the net when you could be surfing the waves in the Maldives with Surf Getaways. I can’t imagine there is any place better or any better surf travel company catering to all women adventures. These girls totally rock!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 23, 2019

This past November I booked Serena and Jenny's surf trip to Fiji. I haven't been surfing in years, but I was determined to go. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous as I haven't been on a board in over ten years. I wasn't sure what to expect, but off I went!

The trip was absolutely amazing. Serena and Jenny were excellent teachers, they were patient, and encouraging, and I had the best time. The trip as a whole was fabulous, it was a really great group of ladies, everyone was so positive.

In addition to a great surfing experience, the eco resort we stayed at was wonderful. They had yoga classes in addition to surfing as well as other activities in the afternoon when the tide was low.

I'm already planning to go on another trip with them! If you're having any hesitations about booking a Surf Getaway, don't! Jenny and Serena are fantastic, and you'll have an amazing time.

Reviewed January 22, 2019

I booked in for the November 18 Fiji Surf Getaways trip with Serena and Jenny - apart from skiing with family, my first serious sporting adventure ever. It really was a life-changing and life-affirming experience. Their combined surfing and personal skills as coaches and mentors were the underpinning factors to an amazing week of long happy days surfing, laughter-filled evenings with new friends, and a unique and personalised cultural and food experience at beautiful Matanivusi Resort. I couldn’t recommend Surf Getaways more highly. Just beautiful!

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

The Surf Getaways organisers and coaches are unique as they have years of experience which makes you feel safe as well as heaps of fun which helps you to relax. The Fiji trip was an amazing experience culturally, my surfing improved and I made new friends. Definitely worth every cent.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Taught to surf (and yes I did manage to stand up...on the first day) by our very talented coaches Jenny Boggis & Serena Adams. These 2 ladies are absolutely amazing! Over the week we received so much support and encouragement, even when we doubted ourselves, they never did and encouraged us further to get to our best in the time we had. It was no easy feat with me as I'd never been on a surfboard before in my life. I had so much fun, even all the wipe outs! You have both got me hooked and I'm sure you'll see me again. Thank you for everything from your goofy newbie! :) Thanks also to Andy, Gerry & Bel for being such being such great companions this week. It certainly made my time all the more enjoyable. Thanks for the memories and I hope we can do it again in the future. We were very spoilt staying at The Byron at Byron resort too, with our daily yoga, spa treatments and scrumptious meals, it was a real treat.

Date of experience: October 2017