“Delightful”
Review of Cardamom Pod

Cardamom Pod
Ranked #68 of 200 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Gorgeous vegetarian food. I wish I had found it earlier during my stay. The dahl was devine and there was so much to choose from. I am coming back when we are in town again :)

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

perfect!.
only thing was, we had to wait a while, as their bain marie wasnt working, and food that we had which was hot, was warmed up out the back, other than that, in the end, worth the wait .. food was delish!
i suggest you try the sushi rice salad. mmmm

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm a Coeliac and quite fussy with my food. I also love my meats, but this is one place that i don't mind at all that it's vegetarian. Love love love the cardamom pod!
They only have a few dishes, but they vary from one day to the next, so do pop in often and you'll always get a good variety. I noticed this trip that they changed their yellow rice, to white with poppy seed. I liked the old one better. I think it also had fennel seeds in it and was yummy on it's own too. The dhaal is as delicious as always...and their garden salad is soo yummy!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am a local and used to eat there quite a lot because I was vegetarian and then became vegan. Originally I always found the service and attitude really lacking, but I tried to ignore that and enjoy my food. I also wrongly believed that being Hari Krishnas their food would be "kind". When I recently asked one of the staff if their dairy was sourced from their own farms which should be cruelty free, or whether it was from commercial supplies, I was told that it was commercial. Knowing as I and many others already do about the terrible treatment of animals in mass produced dairy and meat I was quite appalled. When I tried to discuss this with him he mumbled something about how as we are not our body, suffering seems to be ok. Apparently the animal willingly gives itself up in sacrifice for us. Then he became uncomfortable and very defensive. When I later googled their philosophy I saw the same information, including the statement that we must drink cow milk for us to be intelligent. I'll let you ponder that.

1  Thank Susie B
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Food is reliable in that it's the standard fare u would expect. Tasty but nothing that's sensational or a new flavorsome experience. Staff though are very nonchalant in their service. Verging on bring rude. The service is basically - there's the menu on the whiteboard so read it. They r not interested in answering any of ur questions about the food.