“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went there after our daughter suggested it but found the service slow & the staff a bit too interested in being "cool".

There are newer reviews for Bay Leaf Cafe

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

IF YOU WANT TO BE TALKED DOWN TO AND TREATED BADLY GO TO BAY LEAF! We recently started getting out morning coffees from bay leaf and at first thought it was a chilled cafe with good coffee. Unfortunately however today while getting our morning coffee only one arrived but we were assured the next was comin right out, 5 mins passed by and several more coffees came but still not our one so I headed up to the counter and let them know one coffee had not come, the staff apologised and assured they would make it right away and bring it out. However another 5 or more mins passed with several others receiving their coffees but still not us so I headed back in to complain. It just happened that our coffee was finally being made but I still felt wanted to voice my upset at not receiving the missing coffee before several people who came after the first complaint. This is when the male staff member making coffee told me "it's busy so deal with it" when I stated that they managed to make 4-5 other orders after I advised them of our missing one he replied very nastily "well you have it in you hands now" while gesturing at me in a what now kin of way embarrassing me to the point I left without another word. I can't believe staff would speak down to a customer like this. I will never return to this cafe and hope that management have the smarts to get rid of staff that think treating people this way is ok. If that was the manager shame on you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Most awesome brekky/brunch of our trip here. Fab setting, great service, TDF food and coffee - the scramble special was the monkey's nuts!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

OMG, the coffee here was the best on the trip. Found it via good old Beanhunter app on my phone and all the reviews were right. Such smooth tasting coffee. The second day we went there we had breakfast and that was just fantastic too. The guys and girls who work there have a really pleasant manner and I'd go back there next time I'm in Byron for sure.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there to have breakfast, and it was really good, relaxed environment, friendly staff and the food was great as well. We had coffee fruit toast, and spicy pork sausages with poached eggs, all was perfectly cooked.