“Cute & Cozy”

Ranked #5 of 34 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Cute & Cozy”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at Byron Springs Guesthouse on the 12th of January for one night and I wish I could have stayed longer! I booked to stay in a double room with a shared bathroom on booking.com at the very last minute. Shortly after I received an email from Linda & Elaina with all the information I needed to ensure I got the most out of my stay. When we arrived at the guest house their was complimentary fresh fruits & tea & coffee facilities. The room was spacious enough for myself and my friend and their was a towel provided with plenty of extra hand towels in the Shared Bathrooms if needed. There were bikes provided inclusive in the rate we had paid - on the day of arrival we arrived late so the good bikes had been taken however I did see there were better bikes later on that evening. The guesthouse is located 20 minutes walk from town centre - 5 minute drive. The shared bathrooms were clean and there were two so we were never having to wait to use the bathrooms. On the morning of our checkout another guest had been sick in the bathroom - it wasn't a pleasant sight to see in the morning however when booking accommodation with shared bathrooms you have to let experiences like that not fault your stay and so I would happily return again. Linda & Elaina (although I did not get to meet them) made the stay very accommodating & provided their contact details if we required anything during our stay. This guesthouse would be suitable for a solo traveller or group of friends. The wifi connection did not seem to work very well so I wouldn't recommend for travellers on business.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bianca B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at byron springs for a couple of nights in a double room. It is located 20 mins away from town in a quiet residential area. The rooms were pretty comfortable and clean and so were the shared bathrooms. The living room and patio are quite big and on our first night we had a couple of beers on the patio on some really comfy sofas. It was booked out while we were there but never felt crowded. There are a few bikes available to go into town. They are not in great shape but did the trick. The breakfast was delicious and the manager was always friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again at Byron Springs.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Aurore79
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Byron Springs is a beautifully renovated weatherboard house a short drive from the main streets of Byron Bay. We enjoyed our stay here but its worth noting that as this is a converted house, most of the rooms are lacking privacy. While it is only a short 5min drive from town, it would be a bit of a trek to walk without a car. It is also not quite as conveniently close to the beach as we were lead to believe from the website. That said, it is a beautiful spot and worth a visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zubrowka75
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The guesthouse is a bit outside of the centre of Byron Bay, but a 5-10 minute ride with a bike will get you there. The rooms are small but nice and clean. We felt very welcome and it felt a bit like in a family, but not like in a typical hostel. During breakfast on the veranda you share a large table with the other guests. The owners and people working there are all helpful with advice what to do and see around Byron Bay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank benjamin883581
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I have deducted 3 stars because I believe it wasn't worth $200 a night. The room was basic, it wasn't cleaned or tidied through out our stay. So we had to keep emptying our own bin.

I chose this place because it looked amazing and it is very nice but they just failed on the basic things which is what I booked this place for, bikes and breakfast.

The continental breakfast was extremely poor. Breakfast was available from 8.30 and wasn't replenished at all. So once it was gone there wasn't anything. Breakfast included of tea & coffee, cheap orange drink,bread, bananas, basic spreads which the jars were pretty much empty, Greek yogurt which the bowel was always empty, just a real disappointment. No effort was made to replenish any of it.

The bikes that were available for us to use to go into town were not maintained at all. The breaks didn't work, flat tires, buckled pedals just generally really dangerous. The house in general was lovely, the building and the setting was a very warm welcoming place.

Byron springs was by far the nicest looking place to stay. It is about a 20-30 minute walk from the town centre or a 10 minute cycle ride. So it's not in the best of locations but still it's great fun wether you walk to cycle into town.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a nice little place! Just right outside Byron Bay is this little gem. We arrived a bit early and met up with the owner. She was really nice to us and let us check in early. She suggested that we should take a small hike to a beach while they were cleaning the room we were staying in. We got the map and started walking. After maybe 30 min we got to a beach, and no one else could be seen there! What a wonderful place.
The guesthouse is more like a beach house with the decorations and all. Really cute and cozy. We got the en suite room. The kitchen area had all we needed when we were cooking in the evening. I think it was fully booked but it was only one other couple in the kitchen when we were there.
Lovely that we could borrow bikes to get down to the beach. It was really nice to bike down and we got to see most of Byron Bay.
In the morning breakfast was included, and it was a great start of the day! On top of that, free Wi-Fi is always appreciated :)
I would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank everythingcounts
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The guesthouse was exactly as I hoped. A little out of town so a bit quieter howrver it is only 20 minutes walk to town which ia perfect. It is a 15 walk to possibly one of the best, biggest and quiestest beach I have been too.
The place itself was clean, the staff very friendly and had a lovely veranda to sit on in the evening. The owner is fantastic, they let us come back and shower and borrow towels even after we had checked out.
Cant recommend enough best place in byron and Great for couples

• Stayed October 2013