“Service vague, venue small, food just ok”

Orient Express Eatery
Ranked #69 of 214 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Modern Asian cuisine at its finest. Dinner every night and Yum Cha for lunch on weekends. Great selection of teas and wines, hand picked to complement the food. A necessary experience in Byron Bay.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Getting seated, ordering our drinks and placing or order were all done by different staff members because we were ignored a lit and had to flag down staff walking past our table
The venue is very pokey and small and we felt like we were seated in a walk way
The food was ok but a far cry from what we expected based on the prices
Overall the meal was fine but I wouldn't rush back there

Reviewed February 17, 2013

food was great vegetarian options are amazing and the staff were so lovely and helpful.
as a frequent visitor to byron bay we are so happy to find a new favourite to add to the list.
was a little busy and a little cosy but definately worthwile, looking forward to doing yum cha next time we are down.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was so so very delicious! It was ecstasy with every bite! Who cares about the atmosphere or service when the food is this good! Go there! U will not regret it.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our waiters were helpful and informative and the food was great. I ordered the tuna done two ways and was disappointed that they'd run out of tuna but the replacement salmon was good. My companions ordered the mud crab which was on special and that wasn't too easy to eat - should have had a bit more cracking and pulling apart to make it manageable but the flavours were mighty fine. My children enjoyed the dumplings, singapore noodles and gado gado. That's my second visit and on both occasions I've loved it so I'll be back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was tasty but disappointed to see around 3-4 baby cockroaches in various locations (on our table, on the wall and floor). I get this is a beachside location and restaurant has open front but can say I haven't seen this in any other restaurant in Byron this week. Staff very professional but sadly let down by the pest problem.