“Chill out to match the pace of the region”

Buddha Gardens Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Buddha Gardens Day Spa is a sanctuary of flowing waters and peaceful ambience devoted to health, beauty and relaxation in a serene and nurturing environment. Experience Byron Bay's best massage in Balinese-inspired surrounds and only a short stroll from the heart of Byron Bay. Buddha Gardens Day Spa has soothed and pampered locals and visitors for over ten years and is truly one of Byron Bay's hidden gems. Our Spa Menu features exotic and traditional treatments including Deep Tissue, Swedish Massage, Bamboo and Hot Rock Massage, facials, pedicures, manicures, scrubs and wraps. The Orchid Room features a spa bath set in natural rock, waterfall, an open air shower and a Balinese Day bed and is popular with couples or friends who want to spend time together. All treatments include complimentary use of our garden area, heated plunge pool and sauna.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I loved the swedish massage option here, but the facilities offer a relaxing plunge pool which is a must do before you let the girls work on your aches and knots.

relaxbyronbay, Owner at Buddha Gardens Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Renata,

Thank you for your great feedback and I am glad you felt it was good value as this is what we want to offer our clients. I am very proud of my staff, they constantly receive great praise and it is great you also recognised their efforts. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was a girls weekend and we wanted pampering! We got it. We all fell asleep at some stage of our treatments which was a minor miracle. From the moment you walk through the doors, the aroma and warm welcome from reception help relax you from the word go. Incredibly organised, our little quartet enjoyed the plunge pools, the robes (that fit an anxious size 20 woman), lockers...and then there was the almost synchronised call to pamper. Before the pampering, the plunge pool gets a mention. Not only was herbal tea included, but there was a sauna and shower for our convenience and comfort. Such a lovely setting!

The pampering - a b s o l u t e heaven!! The treatment rooms were lovely and warm, the therapists were professional and charming, and incredibly good at their job! The Hydramax Facial is incredible value - starting off with a foot soak, scrub, and moisturise, then your back enjoys a massage...then the facial. The chime of a bell signals the end of the session and return to reality. I cannot fault Buddha Gardens. At all. Thanks ladies, you helped me celebrate my birthday and a group of ladies with a lot on their minds, relax!

relaxbyronbay, Owner at Buddha Gardens Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I have just returned from a few days away and what a lovely surprise to receive such wonderful feedback. I feel very fortunate to have such wonderful staff, they all try extremely hard to be the very best they can and it is great that it has not gone unnoticed. Glad we were able to make your time with your friends so enjoyable.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend & I decided to take advantage of our first day off work together in months & recently booked in for the 'Divine Discovery' couples package at Buddha Gardens Day Spa. Our 1hr drive down from the Gold Coast was definitely worth it! After our 2.5hrs of pure bliss we relaxed in the serenity of the outdoor gardens & felt no rush to leave.Staff were very welcoming & courteous. Our treatments were conducted very professionally & we both commented on the attention to detail that each therapist paid to our problem areas during our massages. Without any trouble, the lady who took our booking was happy to swap the included fruit platter for some quality chocolates for us to indulge in along with a glass of champagne each after our treatment.

We both couldn't remember when we'd last felt so calm & relaxed. We look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank lhalve10

So glad the time you both spent with us what enjoyable, it is never a problem to work with our clients to provide them with what they want. The Orchid Room is the perfect place to spend time together to recharge and reconnect. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband got me 30 min body scrub and 90 min massage for my birthday.
Body scrub was great and you walk into outside private area to have a shower during this time the lady remade the bed and had fresh towel for me when I got out.
Swedish massage, I asked for firm but relaxing, which is what I got, was so relaxing.
Only downside is they thought I was having 60 min massage, so was a bit disappointing to have it finish early. They did refund me the difference and she was apologetic. Overall was lovely place and I would go back. But make sure when going in the lady knows is for longer.

relaxbyronbay, Owner at Buddha Gardens Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it's always nice to hear you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We booked a weekend getaway to Byron Bay to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. As a present for my husband, I booked us in for a 2.5 hours couples treatment at the Spa, which consisted of 1/2 hour Bamboo Body Polish, 1/2 hour Mandi Susu milk bath and 1 hour Swedish Massage. We came early so we could use the heated plunge pool before the treatment started. There was nobody else there besides two water dragons that seemed to live in the secluded garden. We enjoyed the pool for about 20 minutes with a cup of tea. Then they whisked us into the room and started with the full body scrub, which smelled beautiful. We then got to rinse off and soaked ourselves in the bath tub. It was not a milk bath as promised however, so that was a bit disappointing. Nice touch with the dried rose petals scattered in a heart shape and we completely relaxed in the bath tub which comfortably fit me and my husband of 6'2".
After half an hour, we had to get back on the massage tables for the massage. I explicitly mentioned that I wanted a strong massage, both on the registration form as well as to the massage therapist but I did not get one. It was somewhat firm and relaxing for sure, but I am just used to and would prefer a stronger massage generally. An hour went by in the blink of an eye and we had the Orchid Room to ourselves for another 1/2 hour afterwards, to come back to the world and enjoy a platter of fresh fruit and a glass of champagne. The therapists had to get the room ready for another couple so we decided to take our fruit and champagne to the plunge pool. But one of the water dragons decided it wanted a piece of the rockmelon I was eating and came charging at me fast. Funny moment (or at least for my husband). The massage therapist did tell me at the beginning the dragons would be coming after food and I forgot about that. So we moved inside and had a few more minutes to ourselves before we left.
All in all, a pleasant experience and recommended for those seeking to escape from the daily grind or to relax with each other. The place oozes tranquility and the greenery makes it all so peaceful. The people were friendly and we went home very relaxed after that.
But if you are after a more robust rub to properly get rid of those knots, it would be wise going elsewhere or choosing something else from the spa menu. They should also mention there is a 10% surcharge on Sundays - I could not find that anywhere on the website and they did not tell me on the phone either at enquiry time. Only when I had to put down a deposit, did they mention that in an email. It makes it all that much more expensive, but we did not mind the splurge for a once in a while luxury.

1  Thank JIG80
relaxbyronbay, Owner at Buddha Gardens Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your experience at Buddha Gardens as you have a highlighted some areas which I feel we can improve in our communication with our clients. The Divine Discovery treatment you chose is very relaxing treatment for couples to experience together. As you mentioned, it does include a Swedish Massage, this massage is a full-body relaxation massage. You mentioned that you did select "deep" on your client card and that you prefer a "deep tissue" massage. Massage therapists undergo additional training to perform Deep Tissue so not all therapists are qualified to do a Deep Tissue Massage. If you require a Deep Tissue Massage and not a Swedish, please let us know at time of booking, we can then make sure we accommodate your needs, unfortunately this does need to be arranged before your arrival, I am sure many people are not aware of this. Our therapists will now convey to clients the difference prior to a treatment commencing if they have ticked deep yet have booked in for a swedish.

Your bath was a milk bath but from requests from previous clients, we have also added some bubbles to further enhance the experience so you may have felt this was not the done.

We have just had a new website done and leaving the 10% surcharge for Sunday was an oversight so thank you for pointing that out, I have amended it. Once again, thank you for contribution.