“Loved the massage and plunge pool/sauna area”

Buddha Gardens Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Buddha Gardens Day Spa is a sanctuary of flowing waters and peaceful ambience devoted to health, beauty and relaxation in a serene and nurturing environment. Experience Byron Bay's best massage in Balinese-inspired surrounds and only a short stroll from the heart of Byron Bay. Buddha Gardens Day Spa has soothed and pampered locals and visitors for over ten years and is truly one of Byron Bay's hidden gems. Our Spa Menu features exotic and traditional treatments including Deep Tissue, Swedish Massage, Bamboo and Hot Rock Massage, facials, pedicures, manicures, scrubs and wraps. The Orchid Room features a spa bath set in natural rock, waterfall, an open air shower and a Balinese Day bed and is popular with couples or friends who want to spend time together. All treatments include complimentary use of our garden area, heated plunge pool and sauna.
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I would definitely recommend to friends. The massages were beautiful and love the fact you can come in early and relax in the plunge pool and sauna

2  Thank rainydaytoast
relaxbyronbay, Owner at Buddha Gardens Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am glad you enjoyed your time relaxing in our garden area with heated plunge pool and sauna as I do believe this further enhances your treatment experience with us, it is also gratifying to know your enjoyed your massages. Our therapists are very committed to what they do and as the owner, I feel very proud that that can create so much joy and have an impact on peoples lives today when everyone seems so busy! We are trying to create a unique experience for anyone visiting Byron Bay as well as for our many local clients we have and I welcome any feedback, good or bad as this is the only way we can improve.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I Visited Buddha Gardens with my friends, We all had the same treatments (balinese bliss package) And it was great we had the best time. The bamboo body massage was incredible, something completely different to a usual massage. We all found the therapists to be warm welcoming and highly professional.

We relaxed outside in the beautiful garden area with a yummy tea! It felt just like we were in Bali, Definatly one to visit. We will be returning again next year. Thanks

8  Thank kate s
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We visited Buddha Garden after reading a few reviews in Trip Adviser.

My recommendation is if you enjoy a massage where you drift away under a firm yet relaxing touch, this is not the place for you. Massage style is brisk and hard. We were asked what pressure relaxation massage we would like; we all put down "medium". The pressure was so strong that at times all three of us - under separate masseuses were wincing and there was little attempt to soften the touch at all. As we all had similar experiences, we thought maybe this was the style. But, we have all enjoyed swedish massages before and this was something entirely different.

Possible their philosophy is one of vigorous massage. If so, this should be explained up front when making a booking.

The spa is quite pleasantly appointed and its plunge pool is really a heated spa with no jets..but that is very relaxing yet in quite a tight area. There isn't much space at Buddha Gardens.

The overall impression is that the main clients are tourists so there is little motivation to provide an experience they may return for. For my money, I will not be returning. I have had far more pleasant experiences when going for a spa. I would definitely try one of the others written up if I was coming to Byron again.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Highly rec the couples package! Exclusive use of the orchid room Inc Japanese bath, 1 hr massage, fruit platter, bubbles & tunes! Customer service was fantastic & every comfort was considered. Our package was 2 hours but they were happy for us to arrive an hour early to use the amazing plunge pool with a lovely tray of green tea. Would rec for all & will return! A little bryon secret!

7  Thank BrisbaneVanilla