“Pretty good fish and chips”
Review of Starfish

Starfish
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We wanted fish and chips for dinner one night during our stay in Brunswick, after checking the co-op late in the afternoon there was little available so we decided to go to Starfish and order fish and chips. I must say we were a little hesitant after the other trip advisor reviews but we thought we would try our luck. We ordered crumbed fish, calamari, chips and a side salad and must say was pretty good. I can see what other people mean about the service, during placing my order and pickup I did feel like as a customer I was a bit of an inconvenience, which I think in a place like Brunswick Heads is a real shame.

There are newer reviews for Starfish

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Food was very average. Chef and older lady were outright rude.
The Fish & Chips were that soggy of fat that the bag gave way causing contents to fall on floor.
Chef said its "Not his problem" and stormed off like a little kid and lady ranted and raved on about its my fault and not their fault their bags are weak. WILL NEVER RETURN, very bad business.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I live here so I use this place often. I'm surprised by the rave reviews here. It's just a fish and chip shop! Sometimes it's good and often it's not. The food can be excellent when chef is on, but go midweek when the grumpy lady is cooking and it's barely average. I always check who's cooking. The staff can be a bit unhelpful and, as one previous reviewer found, downright rude. Better places to eat here but if you want fish or calamari this is ok - or give the pub a go.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good takeaway seafood & very friendly owners. One of my faves. Take your meal across the road & sit by the river to enjoy the full Bruns experience.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Calamari burger... who knew you could get such a thing! It was excellent, huge so had to eat all the salad separately but a culinary revelation for me.