“Great coffee!”

Janeks Cafe
Ranked #35 of 92 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Specialty coffee bar in the bustling Corbett Plaza, serving Campos coffee variety.
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We didn't have anything to eat but I'd highly recommend Janeks for a coffee & a relax. It's in a really cute, European square with a pretty outlook. Very friendly, attentive staff.

There are newer reviews for Janeks Cafe

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This place is a must visit for anyone who appreciates fine quality food combined with great service and ambience. Did not expect campos coffee in the country!

2  Thank Loverofallthingsfine
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you're from Sydney and you know &love good breakfasts, do NOT come here!hands down one of the worst breakfasts I've eaten. 45mins wait for coffees, corn & cheese fritters were like flat doughballs and to top it off, they overcharged us for an additional 4 coffees! Am disappointed with TripAdvisors recommendation.

2  Thank EspritRetail
Josh120, Manager at Janeks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear customer

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate you chose a public forum to complain as opposed to addressing your issues with me directly on the day you visited Janek’s. Nevertheless, I appreciate you did not leave Janek’s happy and I would therefore like to respond accordingly.

Corn Fritters

Our corn fritters are designed as a dough ball and have been a huge success since they were introduced to our menu. I am sorry you didn’t like them and, had you approached me at the time, would have gladly replaced them with something else from our gourmet menu.

4 Lattes

I cannot agree that you were “ripped off 4 lattes”. Our records and interviews with staff who served you on the day show the contrary. Your imputation of fraud on my behalf is untrue and defamatory. I consequently reserve my rights to pursue you and TripAdvisor in a court of competent jurisdiction in relation to this particular comment.

Yours faithfully, Janek’s Cafe

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We decided to take a leisurely drive on Saturday and lunch in the Southern Highlands about 1.5 hours south west of Sydney. We stopped at Bowral and after checking out a few place chose Janeks as our lunch spot and refuge from the cold. For the uninitiated, Bowral in August is cold and windy but a pleasant spot nevertheless.

We were greeted with “come in it is warm in here” and he was right. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food choices simple but good. We chose the blackboard specials of beef pot pie and steak sandwich. Both were excellent, the pot pie tender, rich and tasty with the correct buttery, flaky pastry and the steak sandwich was tender and melt-in-mouth good.

So if you fancy a lazy drive in the country and a relaxed tasty and relatively inexpensive lunch (around $21) then we highly recommend Janeks in Bowral.

2  Thank Frank M
Josh120, Manager at Janeks Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Janeks. it is great for all our staff to see positive feedback for their hard work and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review.hope you stop in next time you visit Bowral.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Ordered the special English Breakfast, $18.90. The house-made baked beans was delicious. The pancake for my son is surprisingly huge.

1  Thank Trippist
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for your pleasant review. At Janeks we strive to deliver great food and service.
We hope to see you again

Cheers