Spend a few days there at a work function. Rooms are large and comfortable and the food was excellent. I am sure the surrounding countryside was very picturesque, but it rained like crazy for the entire stay.
The main demerits are:
1. Power outlets in the rooms were few and far between - bring your own power board if you hope to charge up more than once device at a time!
2. Shower temperature varied wildly between icy and scolding in the space of a 2 minute shower - presumably dependent on who else was using hot water.
3. Mobile coverage was terrible, mostly non existent - not good when you are still at work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the style and elegance of the original homestead, Peppers Craigieburn was originally built in 1887 and welcomed its first guests in 1909, with 2009 marking 100 years of exquisite stays, service and food. Within easy reach of Sydney, Canberra and the coast, Peppers Craigieburn is set in an area renowned for its national parks, antique shopping and cool climate wines ultimately offering an idyllic and relaxing escape. The retreat boasts 72 guest rooms spread across two wings with a selection of rooms featuring either views of the golf course or the landscaped gardens while premium accommodation includes an airy shared balcony with views designed for relaxation. All rooms include central heating, flat screen television, tub chair, minibar fridge, tea/coffee-making facilities, ensuite bathroom with shower, hairdryer, shampoo and toiletries, iron and ironing board and high speed wireless internet. A new dining experience awaits you with the opening of Hickory's Restaurant and Bar. Overlooking the original 9 hole golf course and offering a relaxed atmosphere and local produce inspired menu promises something for everyone's taste. The retreat offers an idyllic and relaxing escape. Set on a picturesque country estate, this fully refurbished grand country home features its own private nine-hole golf course, billiards room and tennis courts. When visiting Bowral and the Southern Highlands, you will be inspired by the beauty of the local area. Highland fresh air, fresh produce and friendly locals will ensure your stay at this retreat is one to be remembered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Craigieburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Craigieburn Hotel Bowral
- Craigieburn Hotel Bowral