I was looking for a alternative location from the Blue Mountains and the Hunter valley for my wedding anniversary, and came across Milton Park in Bowral. On arrival to Milton Park we found trying to check in confusing, it was a struggle to locate the actual Reception. As previous reviewers mentioned, parking at this place is an issue, especially if there is a wedding held on the premises, we had to park quite a distance away and lug our baggage ourselves to the room. I really think if for a hotel charging this amount of money that they need to offer a valet service. We pretty much had to park on the grass, I do think it is a little unfair for all the parking to be taken up by wedding guests - they need to accommodate adequate parking for everyone.
We were fortunate to have an upgrade to the Lodge tower room, which according to my husband was the executive suite, I must say I was quite over whelmed by the room, it was lovely. It was nice having a separate lounge seating area as well. We had a lovely room that overlooked the beautiful country side. Bathroom windows really could have done with a good clean, they looked disgusting, cobwebs everywhere, but anyway. One thing though I was completely turned off this place, was finding in a cupboard a USED pair of underwear, hello you wouldn't even get this at a forumla one hotel. When advising reception the young girl pretty much just laughed when we told her, just lacked professionalism. Also what I found annoying was that there was no information on the hotel in the room what so ever, like what time the pools closed, room service menu, nothing, all it had was a menu for their spa!!!
I found the dinner was a bit of a let down, the serving sizes were just a joke, and allthough service was friendly it was slow, not sure if it was because they had a wedding there on the same night.. If I were to stay here again I wouldn't dine at the restaurant..
Unfortunately I had one of the worst night sleeps ever stayng here, the bed constantly squeaked and I could hear them moving tables and chairs from the wedding, kept me up most of the night.
Breakfast was average. In saying all the above, I think this place has such great potential, I so wanted it to be just perfect. The grounds are breathtaking and it feels like you are a world away. I think it is a wonderful location just to get away from everything and relax. I think they just need to pay attention to detail. When booking my room I dealt with a girl called Toni, and she was very helpful and polite.I would come back here again, I know what to expect - but hopefully next time it will be better. Also they don't advertise on their website they offer High Tea in the afternoon, I was dissapointed that this wasn't on their website as I would have loved to have done this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Milton Park Country House Hotel & Spa, the Southern Highlands leading luxury hotel, crowns its own private estate. Considered by many to be the finest regional hotel in Australia, Milton Park offers luxurious accommodation, fine cuisine and impeccable service in an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication. The hotels facilities rival some of the greatest Country House Hotels of the World. Both American Express Travel & Gourmet Traveller Magazine have recently voted Milton Park amongst their top ten luxury escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Milton Park Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milton Park Country House Hotel And Destination Spa
- Milton Park Country House Hotel & Destination Bowral
- Milton Park Country Hotel Destination