“Takes me back to Italy”

Cafe Rosso
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Takes me back to Italy”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a Chef myself that has work in many countries including Italy. This is one of my favourite places to eat in the southern highlands. Always takes me back to Italy! Great food and very friendly staff.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jay W

Cowra
“Great service and fantastic food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked in for a group of 10 and we couldn't have been looked after better by Sebastian and his team. The food was great and they really made sure we had more than enough to eat. The mushrooms were a big hit as was the seafood. I will definitely be back next time I am in Bowral. We wish we had room for the desserts too. Next time.

1 Thank Kate B
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing pea and pancetta soup, thin, delicious pizza, superb pasta and preservative free wine!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A family lunch was delivered with style and grace from this very impressive menu. Three enjoyed big plates of pasta, some had soup and salad and a shared pizza and all agreed the food was as good as we've eaten in the "Old Country". Service smiling and prompt, bill for 6 $208.00 with a beer, bottle of wine, a Campari, and soft drinks. Genial, attentive host and the day was especially topped off for us by a visit to this lovely "Caffe" Splendiferous Italian food cooked with love and appreciation of the fine ingredients, the way food should be enjoyed! Book to avoid disappointment!

1 Thank lyndy23
“Italian excellence!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When the family goes out for a meal, whatever the occasion, you want your time to be a memory. At Café Rosso not only the food is fantastic but with the casual and friendly atmosphere it is hard to walk out without a smile on your face. Italian food is a hit for all ages though, like anything, it still has to be good, and unusually this is a restaurant where you cannot find a meal that is not sensational. When I go (which is about once a month) I often go for the seafood pasta. This is made with an outstanding assortment of seafood tossed through perfectly cooked spaghetti. An unbelievable meal. With an "A+" under every bannar we are always drawn back for more!

Sydney, Australia
“Caffe Rosso is never Dissapointing”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Yes it's time for my annual review of Cafe Rosso. This place inspires and renews all my passion for food! Twice a month I find myself driving through Bowral and I still can't resist the urge to stop in even just for a take away pizza or coffee. This place is as authentic as it gets. From the outside you would think it may be just another cafe. How wrong you would be! My 12 year old son always tucks into the seafood pasta, my daughter can't be swayed away from pizza, my husband and I are usually talked into one of the specials which never dissapoint. The friendly owner is passionate about his ingredients and wine, I am a connoisseur of all things Italian so a keen listener. My recent wonder was the lentil soup, oh joy to taste something so excellent, try as I may I cannot replicate it at home. Like everything else so delicious (see photo). Do I sound a bit gushy..go there for a meal and see if you feel differently.

2 Thank karensusanperry