“Great food in a welcoming atmosphere”
Review of Red Tree cafe - CLOSED

Red Tree cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: is a great breakfast experience - the poached eggs are excellent and the mixture of flavours are yum!
Sydney, Australia
“Great food in a welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late on a Sunday for lunch and were treated to a full reading of the menu which made our choices harder due to the passion shown by our waiter. Lovely meals full of flavour and great size servings. Tiny wine list but you can find a good match for the food. Will be back.

1 Thank PAN-Oz37
DuncanBowral, Owner at Red Tree cafe, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear PAN-OZ37,

Thanks for your review.
We appreciate the comments made by our guests and we are looking into expanding the wine menu for when you next visit. When you next come in, mention to the staff that you have made a posting on tripadvisor and they will give you a free coffee.
Kind regards,

Duncan Hill

Greenwell Point, Australia
“Great place for a quick bite.....”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ducked in here for lunch the other day and was quite satisfied with the experience. There was a good range of interesting plates on offer for lunch. It has a busy bistro feel, the food is fresh and tasty, and the service is reasonable, though perhaps not sparkling.

The place is licensed, so you can also have a wine with lunch if you feel like it, though there was too much emphasis on Sauvignon Blanc on the wine list for my taste.

Of course, this being Bowral, the coffee is great, and they have a range of tasty sweet treats if that is what you feel like.

Atmosphere is good, there is plenty of light and the funky original paintings add to the charm.

All in all, recommended......

• Visited September 2013
“Very good cafe”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have been going here now for about 3 years. Food is always good. The tomatoes are especially good on the breakfasts, think they are oven/sun dried however they do them they are just so sweet.

My favourite is the pea labneh on sourdough a nice change but very very tasty. Heard that there are now new owners and they are doing a few different dishes for "specials". Hope they don't change the main menu as it is fantastic. The atmosphere is good too, they have local artists and sell knic-knack things sometimes as well which makes it interesting.

Would highly recommend it to all ages.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank angelag195
“Awesome Cafe”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Red Tree Cafe was recommended to me, so I was desperate to go. We only just squeezed in before closing, but I am so glad we did. The cafe itself is fabulous. Quaint little (blue) cottage at the front, opening into a massive art gallery-esque room at the back, with seriously high ceilings and lots of windows. Very cool fit-out, with a wooden and iron tree door (I want one!). I highly recommend you sit at the round antique table in the corner, and look in the drawers - lots of letters people write to whomever sits there next! some very cute and funny notes to read.

We just had a quick afternoon tea, but the loose leaf peppermint tea I had was the best peppermint tea I have ever had. So refreshing after so many cafes just use tea bags. And the friand was delicious too :)

$19 for a coffee, tea, friand and another small cake type thing, so not a cheap cafe. But I would definitely go back anytime I am in Bowral.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank KateHendo
Sydney
“Great atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have even to Red Tree about five times now and I love the atmosphere and the friendly staff. The all day breakfast is fantastic but a little different, eg they have pancetta instead of bacon and make things Nike a breakfast bruschetta with pancetta, poached egg, pesto, Parmesan, tomato and mushrooms on sour dough. Fantastic!

Visited July 2013